Is it normal to have a PIP assessment at 8am? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is it normal to have a PIP assessment at 8am?

berry123
berry123 Community member Posts: 264 Pioneering
edited January 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My pip assessment is on 13 feb at 8.00am  has anyone had this time.  

Comments

• Lulu_1949
    Lulu_1949 Community member Posts: 236 Pioneering
    ide go in my jamas  ?? sorry think it’s a bit early 
  • berry123
    I know your right  but that time of the day bit weird lol

• Lulu_1949
    Lulu_1949 Community member Posts: 236 Pioneering
    @berry123 you could ring them and ask for a change of time if you are not too good first thing in a morning. and tell them you are not too good first thing ., going to cheer you up now, my Colin says you could go with a mattress strapped to your back...??..he is trying to make you smile , he does that with me when I am down
  • emzixox
    emzixox Community member Posts: 41 Connected
    Is it a telephone call as mine was at that time over the phone if not I'd have been rocking up in my dressing gown lol
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Nothing is normal atm, if the HCP's are working at 8 a.m is quite reasonable that they will start assessments at that time, i'm afraid it's the old maxim if you want the benefits you have to jump through the hopes i'm afraid.
    Hope it goes well.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• berry123
    @woodbine I dont mind it be done and dusted first thing in the morning  and also wanted to know how long the assessment
  • woodbine
    As for how long, no one knows they can be as little as 20 mins or as long as an hour. And yes I agree it's probably not a bad idea to get it over and done with early in the day did you keep a copy of the application forms so you can have a good read up on them?

• berry123
    @emzixox yes mine is a phone call assessment private number going to ring me and wanted to know how long your assessment was for.
  • berry123
    @woodbine yes I did keep the copies of the form all I know it's a female assessor fingers cross 
  • woodbine
    @berry123 the consensus is that telephone assessments might favour the claimant, as I suggested have a good read through the day before and I would also make notes of things you want to make sure you get across, and if you don't understand a question don't be afraid to say so and ask them to repeat it. Let us know how you get on and remember around 7 days after the assessment you can telephone the DWP and ask for a copy of the report which should give you a good idea of the award you will get.

• berry123
  • BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    Mine was done at 9am in the morning @berry123 and lasted aprroximately 50 mins. I was actually glad it was first thing in the morning as it meant I wasn't sitting there half the day fretting over it.
  • berry123
    @BrettW I agree with your what was the outcome of the assessment did you get awarded
  • BrettW
    Im awaiting the decision at the moment @berry123. My assessment was only completed on the 18th Jan
  • berry123
    Hopefully you get awarded keep us updated 
  • BrettW
  • emzixox
    Mine took about 30mins in total but I will say this I feel like I was abit rushed and missed things of so don't be afraid to ask them.to repeat question again something I wish I did I actually had to appeal the decision in the end I was 4points under as originally I wasn't awarded points for anxiety but I won the appeal luckily 
  • berry123
    @emzixox thank you I got copies of the form will go thru it and make notes after the weekend
  • emzixox
    No problem have to let us know how you get on aparantly I didn't seem anxious on the phone so I don't think she believed I have anxiety and struggle to travel alone I'm not sure u can gauge how anxious sombody is over the phone tbh lol but I'm sure u will be fine and having ur forms to hand will help
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2021
    My face to face was at 8am (way before Covid!)

I struggle with getting up and out early as my stomach issues are worst early morning but did just about manage to get there on time.  Only to then be told that the assessor hadn't turned up and I'd have to come back later!  :s

13th Feb is a Saturday btw - have they always worked Saturdays or is that a new thing to help clear the backlog since Covid?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.