Is it normal to be asked questions around social media, TV, hot drinks, and PJs during assessment? - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is it normal to be asked questions around social media, TV, hot drinks, and PJs during assessment?

13»

Comments

• BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    Thats great @mehey I hope its the news you want when you get it
  • mehey
    mehey Community member Posts: 18 Listener
    @BrettW me to but didnt think assessment went very well 
  • BrettW
    edited January 2021
    Its hard to gauge these things until you actually see either the assessment report or the decision letter itself.

I've seen people post on here who have said that they thought their assessment had gone really well only to receive a report or decision letter awarding them a lot less or even nothing against what they were expecting. On the flip side there have been plenty of people who were convinced that their assessment had gone horribly wrong only to receive an award far in excess of what they expected.

(edited for grammar error)
  • mehey
    @BrettW fingers crossed will keep u all posted 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @BrettW the DWP work in mysterious ways 
  • mehey
    @BrettW got my report back sent yesterday looks like am getting all 0 
  • BrettW
    I'm sorry to hear that @mehey. Bear in mind though that until you recieve the decision letter nothing is set in stone. Are you going to apply for a MR if the decision letter goes with the assessment report recommendations?
  • mehey
    @BrettW yes I have a lot at min and theres loads of lies in  
  • BrettW
    What do you mean by lies?
  • mehey
    @BrettW it says in report am not on pain meds when I sent lost of meds of gp she states o was crying I was but in the next sentence says I seemed to enjoy the conversation and I she has classes the school run as unfimialiar place 
  • BrettW
    edited January 2021
    Sorry @mehey didn't quite understand what you put there. She said you were crying but said you enjoyed the conversation? What conclusion did she draw from classing the school run as an unfamiliar place?

Did she mention your list of meds in the assessment and go over them with you as to what they were?
  • mehey
    @BrettW states I wasnt hostile but did cry but I seemed to enjoy convo said I was only on over counter medication which is not true as I have sent a list of my meds from my gp 
  • BrettW
    Well hopefully @mehey the decision maker will go over everything submitted and not just the assessment report and see that there are inaccuracies in what has been stated. Until you get the decision letter, like myself, there's not much you can do until you actually have the decision in front of you.

If you do go for a MR when you state your reasons make sure you highlight where you think there were inaccuracies were and give more examples of your everyday life to reinforce these reasons. Do not accuse the assessor of lying because you cant really prove one way or the other if things in the report were deliberately misleading or just as a result of misunderstanding or miscommunication.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2021
    BrettW said:
    Well hopefully @mehey the decision maker will go over everything submitted and not just the assessment report and see that there are inaccuracies in what has been stated. 
    That is what DMs should do, the assessment report should be treated as one part of the evidence base. Unfortunately they rarely do, I assume because they aren’t given enough time. I think that’s is why MRs can succeed, the second DM actually looks at the evidence.
    BrettW said: Do not accuse the assessor of lying because you cant really prove one way or the other if things in the report were deliberately misleading or just as a result of misunderstanding or miscommunication.
    Agree with that, much better to say “the assessor has misunderstood,...” although sometimes it’s unavoidable to say the report is inaccurate if the report says claimant physically did something which they didn’t. When it comes to appeals there is no need to expend much time on detailing inaccuracies in the report - tribunals know how poor they are.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • AFB18
    AFB18 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Hi @c2208, this will be just be asking about the daily living component of PIP and will assess how independent you can be. I hope you found it okay.

If you'd like a copy of the report then you can ring up and request it a week after your assessment. This should give you an indication about what points the assessor gave you. It is rare the decision maker goes against the report.

Very best of luck!
    I had similar questions asked and I was just honest, I wasn’t bothered that what I told them because it’s not made public, I had my assessment over the phone so they couldn’t see me in pain so I just carried on as if no one was there ( when I get a sharp pain because I’ve sat for to long I would say f*** ) and they can hear that your in pain. I called them this week to ask for a copy of the assessment notes and the man I spoke to was very obliging although I got the feeling he didn’t really want to print it out and send it to me, they send it second class so could take some time to get it with COVID effecting the post.

hope all goes well for you 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.