POPPY12345 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

POPPY12345

charlie79
charlie79 Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
edited February 2021 in Coffee lounge
What happened to Poppy12345.
She was the one person when ever needed advice gave the most accurate and useful.
She has helped me countless ends the accuracy of her knowledge and laws helped me resolving so many problems and issues,

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    She "left" last week as I recall.

• charlie79
    Anyone know why. I hope she is ok
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2021
    poppy123456 left over a week ago it doesn't serve to rake over old coals as to why, surfice to say she has been missed, and continues to be missed, whilst it is not my place to say where she has gone sufficient to say it's another forum that she's posted on for a few years now and I know we all wish her well, I had an email from her a couple of days ago and she is ok.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    She was troubled by the amount of incorrect advice being given by some posters who had no business presenting themselves  as benefit advisors, whilst like me, having no clue.
    I have no benefit knowledge and wouldnt pretend too. 

Puts the rake down.
  • charlie79
    Tell her Thankyou for all her help. I thought she may be  ill or something.
    I wish her the best
  • charlie79
    she would make an excellent support worker. She was bloody brilliant. Her advice saved my ass so many times. She will be missed
  • Cress
    She was indeed a nd no doubt still Is just not here...
    Helped me many times too.
  • BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    Come on guys is it really worth raking all this up again its just gonna start a vicious circle of bad feeling. Poppy has gone, the OP has been advised why. Can't everyone just leave it at that now please?
  • Cress
    BrettW said:
    Come on guys is it really worth raking all this up again its just gonna start a vicious circle of bad feeling. Poppy has gone, the OP has been advised why. Can't everyone just leave it at that now please?
    You're happy with the status quo @BrettW others are not and would like to see some change.
    Please don't try to "moderate" a discussion that doesn't please you.
  • BrettW
    It's an adult discussion forum not an exclusive club @Cress and my opinion is no less valid than yours. 

My request was polite - shame your response couldn't have followed the same example.

• BrettW
    Sorry I'm not getting into an argument with you people it's simply not worth it. 

• charlie79
    LETS JUST ALL WISH POPPY THE BEST. LIFES TO SHORT TO ARGUE. WE ALL HAVE OUR FAULTS TALENTS AND ISSUES BUT WERE ALL ON HERE TO HELP WHERE SOME ONE ASK FOR ADVISE. GOING TO MY BED SWEET DREAMS TO EVERYONE
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Whilst trying to stay within the communities guidelines, charlie79 asked about Poppy, & answers have been given. Mike, as ever, tells it how it is. Comparatively I've not been here that long, but in that time I've grown to respect both Poppy & Mike's advice.
    I've said this before, that perhaps I'm odd in reading the links given by both in order to understand more; that's my way of trying to learn. In all that time I have found their answers both helpful to members & relevant, including the links given.
    Poppy certainly received abuse, whilst only trying to help I know; why, because she asked for my support when dealing with 'difficult' posters. As ever, I read their replies, & previous posts before responding. So too, I received abuse, but only a tiny fraction that she did. I don't know how she stayed here so long.
    @BrettW - the core of this community is good, but there most certainly are issues as Mike has said, & in a way I'm sorry to say I can only agree with him from my limited knowledge, not only about benefits advice, which is admittedly that most queried, but also medical issues. So, imho, it shouldn't start a 'vicious circle of bad feeling,' rather address continuing concerning issues.
    In a similar vein to that Mike has mentioned, a similar newcomer, again just into double figures, asked me to read the community's guidelines, which I'd just given them a link to when they had been disrespectful to another.
  • charlie79
    I find this forum a Godsend so thankyou to everyone not just Poppy for past advise. I am housebound due to a multiple rape arranged and involving my ex. in 2008 I went to a Refuge I was then put in supported living lost my hair for 2 yrs. I managed to do a job whilst in supported living in my profession dental nursing. I could only manage this due to working with a family practice who I was honest from the start about my situation. My boss wrote letters to Benefits explaining I struggled and needed support. But I had a melt down eventually had to leave. Also due to working and being in supported living my benefits and my supported living Sanctuary caused a lot of confusion with monies. 

I was abused as a child and in 2013 witnessed a armed robbery . All this triggered my PTSD And many other mental health and instead of allepecia I developed severe agrophobia.

I was homeless because I had left the supported system. I was staying with friends who due to the own situation could not declare I was staying with them.

Took a good GP Practice mental health crisis team and 2 good friends to get me here. This forum I can ask for advise without feeling any prejudice or cruelty from someone.
    This forum has been a life line

• BrettW
    Glad you've been able to take so much from this forum @charlie79 and congratulations on coming as far as you have with all the difficulties you've encountered during your life
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Thread closed pending review.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I've kept this thread closed, as your original question was answered @charlie79.

I've moved the comments related to the moderation of the community into a new thread
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness