what is your average water bill per year — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

what is your average water bill per year

happyfella
happyfella Community member Posts: 486 Pioneering
I have been looking at our water bills. We have three people in the house and have a water meter which they read when they can be bothered. Most of the time it is once a year or once yevery two years. We are paying £50 direct debit each month which seems a lot to me for three people living in the property. It is a pitty you cannot do what you do with electirc bills where you can swap companies, but with water each area has their own company

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    I have a direct debit each month to Yorkshire Water, and I use a LOT of water as I have a bath every day and I'm always making coffees.

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 

I have water meter 2 of us in a bungalow and I pay £22 per month 

We dont use great deal tho only put washer on once a week my son has showers I have bath twice a week and strip wash daily 

• Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    Before having a water meter installed I was paying £55 a month, three bedroom bungalow with just myself a d son.
    I now only pay £36 a month.
    Was really unsure about having a meter installed, but so glad I did.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    No water meter £450 approx a year that’s £37.50 pcm 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Single person, studio flat - £33 a month.

Between OCD and IBS, I use a lot of water though!  :(

Also worth noting half of the payment is for sewage.  And the majority of the rest is the standing charge (different depending on area).  Your actual usage isn't much at all.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    We live in a park home so it's a bit different, in total we pay £220 a year for water, sewage and drainage.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,411 Disability Gamechanger
          No water meter, £295 a year  £24 something a month... its cheaper up north  ;)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.