Why can't I post on my Facebook account? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Why can't I post on my Facebook account?

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
edited February 2021 in Coffee lounge
Note to the Mods, I am NOT advertising my account here so don't remove the link please...

I signed up to a new account last week as my original got hacked, here's the link <moderator removed - sharing of personal details is not allowed>.

I was able to post for a bit last night, including the results of a daily quiz I get on my Gmail account, now it seems I can't post again yet when I check my full profile it doesn't say my account's restricted again?!

I've emailed my Brother who's in cyber security, but he's always busy and never gets back to me.

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    I seem to remember a comment you made not long ago about your facebook account being suspended for 30 days, could that be the reason?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2021
    @MrAllen1976 I've removed the link to your Facebook page as it contains personal identifiable information that could compromise your safety.  

This might be a question that you want to take to Facebook's help community (if you are still able to access that).  If not, it could be as @woodbine suggests that your account still is under suspension?
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    If you have a Facebook account already on suspension @MrAllen1976 there are a number of automated systems on Facebook and other internet sites that can be used to detect duplicate accounts of the same person. 

I dont know how tech savvie you are but when a person connects to a site there are a lot of things in the background that the device and website communicate to each other that are never displayed to the user. For example every device that accesses the internet has a unique reference number called a MAC address that identifies the device to the website. The same goes for your internet - it has an IP adress.

Places like Facebook have systems in place where if an account is on suspension then your MAC address gets added to a list of suspended MAC adresses and even if you use that device with another account that MAC address never changes and once you start making posts Facebook realises that its an account using the same device and also suspends that account as well. This is why your second account was quickly suspended once you started using it.

The only thing you can do is wait out the suspension of the original account at which point your MAC address will be removed from the list. It is then up to you in the future to make sure you don't contravene Facebook rules otherwise you can find yourself back in suspension, or worse your account totally being removed from Facebook

Hope that helps
  • [Deleted User]
    @MrAllen1976 I've removed the link to your Facebook page as it contains personal identifiable information that could compromise your safety.  

This might be a question that you want to take to Facebook's help community (if you are still able to access that).  If not, it could be as @woodbine suggests that your account still is under suspension?
    I don't post personal info on there, again over modding and PC gone mad.

• [Deleted User]
    It's been a thing on forums for years though, prominent members have at least 2 accounts so they can troll and when their original account draws the ire of the Mods and gets exiled, they can still post.

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team

I don't post personal info on there, again over modding and PC gone mad.

@MrAllen1976, this isn't about being PC, we don't allow personal information such as full name to be sure on the Scope community to protect our member's privacy and identity. A link to your Facebook page contains your full and often other information such as area you live, schools attended and therefore goes against our community guidelines which is why it has been removed. The link also isn't needed in order for members to help with your query.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    It's been a thing on forums for years though, prominent members have at least 2 accounts so they can troll and when their original account draws the ire of the Mods and gets exiled, they can still post.

Forums aren't usually coded with the same level of detection that social media platforms employ @MrAllen1976 but there are some out there that employ the same kinds of systems that prevent banned users from returning with a new account.

Brightness