Post office DWP payment closing - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Post office DWP payment closing

Comments

• chloexxx
    chloexxx Community member Posts: 28 Connected
    Still no luck.
    I have put an official complaint in against the TSB under the discrimination and equalities act towards disabilities and mental health. I am being treated unfairly and unfavourably because of my condition, refusal to be allowed to speak to a manager. I also have the email address for the director of banking at the tsb might send her an email.
    Close to tears here tho
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    chloexxx said:
    Still no luck.
    I have put an official complaint in against the TSB under the discrimination and equalities act towards disabilities and mental health. I am being treated unfairly and unfavourably because of my condition, refusal to be allowed to speak to a manager. I also have the email address for the director of banking at the tsb might send her an email.
    Close to tears here tho
    Try Monzo:

https://monzo.com/i/current-account/
  • chloexxx
    I will..... just on the phone to virgin  :)
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    I have been trying to find the number for the banking regulator  I don't know if any one else knows it 
  • Lisatho11987777
    @chloexxx found it  this is for the banking regulator 

08001116768    option 2  consumer   if you don't get anywhere  speak to them 

Hope its  not needed and you get a bank account  

I tried the number before putting it on here 

Hope all goes well 
  • chloexxx
    Lisa you are fantastic, thank you for everything I really appreciate it. Will let you know x
  • Lisatho11987777
    @chloexxx  hope it helps  
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm not for a single minute defending the banks here, but due to relatively new money laundering laws their hands are sometimes if not always tied.
    @chloexxx did you look into credit unions?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• chloexxx
    Woodbine I haven't yet but I have contacted the banking regulators and they have confirmed that all banks have to allow ANY person to be able to obtain an account even with limitations and any refusal will be met with FCA investigation. They should always provide an alternative for you and provide assistance. They have also given me the number and an ID code that when quoted to the person that answers will know that I have the full backing of the FCA. All sounds far fetched but can you believe the extent that we have to go to because I have a disability.
    I have suffered ever since I was 10yrs old, can't leave my home, can't have a life so to speak, all I ask like so many others in my position is some consideration and respect and not to be spoken to or looked at like I'm a second rate citizen. Sorry I'm ranting. Fingers crossed tomorrow's another day ?
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Good luck with it @chloexxx, please let us know how you get on.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Lisatho11987777
    @chloexxx glad the banking regulator was of some help to you maybe now you will be able to get your bank account sorted  contacting the banking regulator  is a last resort  but if you have done everything you can they are realy helpful
  • chloexxx
    Lisa yep they were, thank you again. I'll soon know if it's all sorted when I start it all again tomorrow. ?
  • Lisatho11987777
    @chloexxx now you have the code they cant refuse they will know but if they still refuse phone the regulator straight back 

Fingers crossed for tomorrow  hoprfuly you will be sorted 
    Good luck 
  • chloexxx
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    How did you get on today @chloexxx
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Lisatho11987777
    @chloexxx hope you managed to get a bank account sorted today and hope your ok as its been a stressful time for you ? 
  • chloexxx
    So here's the outcome.....
    I'm not fully done yet, NatWest have been fantastic to my needs, not right at the start to be honest as one assistant put me on hold for 48mins and one told me the wrong advice, so I rang them again whilst on hold lol anyway I rang back and spoke to someone else and they were so helpful and another person rang me today to talk me through the procedure I have filled in all the relevant information that they require and I'm just playing the waiting game now to see what happens next. I'm not fully convinced because they told me to apply as an old customer from years ago instead of a new customer and then when they can't find my previous information on there system they'll ask for me to send the documents for them to proceed with the application. With the way things have been I feel they'll say we can't find you etc etc you'll have to come into the branch and we'll have to start again......but I'll have a little faith and wait for what happens. I will however let you know as and when. Can't thank everyone on here enough for there help..x
  • Lisatho11987777
    @chloexxx fingers crossed  it works out well for you ? 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Just as a matter of fact POCA will not end until November 2021 so @chloexxx you have 9 months to sort out a new bank account.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Lisatho11987777
    @woodbine is it the same in wales please 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.