My ESA not been paid — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My ESA not been paid

Options
shell177
shell177 Community member Posts: 16 Listener
I'm on ESA and my payments have stopped I can't phone the dhss till Monday I have bad mental health I'm sitting with nothing I don't know what to do 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

Sorry you are having problems with your payments 

How long have you been on esa and what type are you on 

Unfortunately not much you can do till you can contact them . Do you gave anyone who could offer you any help or support 
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,286 Pioneering
    Options
    Do they usually just stop esa payments ? Was you due a review ? I’m sorry to hear this give them a call first things Monday ? 
  • shell177
    Options
    I have been on ESA and pip for 15 years last week I have a appointment on the phone with the pip was talking to a mental health nurse that was fine then today no money in bank can't phone till Monday to find out why I'm feeling ill don't know who I can turn to
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @shell177 hi you can phone out of hours social services  explain your situation and what help you need snd they will either be able to help you or be able to put you in touch with someone who can  
  • shell177
    Options
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @shell177 your welcome hope you get the help you need ? 
  • cupcake88
    Options
    I’m confused sorry is it your pip you was expecting as well or just your esa ? From what I have heard bout pip they don’t just stop your pip with out letting you know . 
    I’m not sure bout esa ? Do you work ? Because I have heard that if you work more hours than your supposed to it can stop your esa .

did you still recieve your pip this month ? 

• cupcake88
    Options
    Did have a recent pip review do you mean or esa ? Did you get your pip ok ?  I really hope you get your esa sorted please let us know how you get on 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @shell177 - & welcome to the community. We have had several members say they hadn't received their ESA payments on the usual date. In the majority of cases they received their payment within 2 days. I know, small comfort to you now, but you may find your payment goes in just after midnight on Sunday/early Monday morning. If this isn't the case, then certainly ring on Monday.
    I hope in the meanwhile you have someone who may be able to help you. Perhaps the Salvation Army might be able to help if you have no food, & they help people of all faiths, or none. Please see: https://www.salvationarmy.org.uk/map-page   Perhaps there's some help in your village/town if you try looking online.
    For future reference you may find this helpful: https://www.trusselltrust.org/get-help/find-a-foodbank/
    Sorry, I wish I knew how to find you the help you need. Please let us know how you get on.
  • shell177
    Options
    Hi was it today ppl never got there payment thanks
  • chiarieds
    Options
    No, @shell177 - it's been happening over several months. We keep hearing that people's ESA hasn't been paid, & like yourself, they're very worried. It does seem to be paid a couple of days later, & often just after midnight, but a few have had to ring up to get it sorted, & I've only ever heard of a payment being authorised, then in the person's bank account that day.
  • shell177
    Options
    I had a phone appointment last week with a mental health nurse from pip now no payments so I don't know if its anything to do with that as they deal with ESA find out when I phone on Monday can't cope feeling ill thanks for your help
  • cupcake88
    Options
    Hi there I think esa and pip payments are completely different ? Did you still get your pip ? There two different benefits you see . 
  • cupcake88
    Options
    I hope you get it sorted 
  • shell177
    Options
    No don't get my pip till next week if I get it thanks
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,629 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you had an assessment for your pip last week, that won't affect your ESA, it could just be late, i'm afraid the only way to find out for certain will be to contact them on monday morning if you need help meanwhile you can talk to someone at the samaritans tele:116 123
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• chiarieds
    Options
    @shell177 - as cupcake says, ESA & PIP are completely different benefits, & the fact you had a PIP phone assessment is nothing to do with your ESA. The fact your ESA payment is delayed is just coincidence; it wont have been stopped, & it will be OK.
  • shell177
    Options
  • cupcake88
    Options
    I’m pretty sure you would of been told if it had run out or been stopped . It’s prob just a delay and yes I’m sure you will get your pip . The only reason why you wouldn’t get your pip would depend of your pip review outcome but even then you would be told by a letter . So try not to worry I really hope it’s in your account by Monday ? Please let us know 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    Do you normally get paid on a Saturday? 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.