Received my report and there is lots on there I didn't say — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Received my report and there is lots on there I didn't say

Options
AFB18
AFB18 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
Hi everyone my name is Andy, I’ve received my report and there is lots on there that I didn’t say also it says the claimant has a mental, intellectual or cognitive impairment and may need additional support to comply with future claim process, what does this mean with regards to receiving pip? Thanks 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

Have you managed to work out whether you would be awarded from the report ? 

Try and not get hung up on it wait and see what the decision is 

As for the comment about support it may be suggesting you need some advice or maybe an appointee to help you 
  • AFB18
    Options
    Hi @janer1967
    I’m not sure how to work out if I would be awarded, there are some lines at the bottom of each page that look like they might be from the printer also every top box has a dot in like bathing unaided but I told her I can’t get into my bath and that I wash at the sink with stool to sit on, and that I can plan a journey even though she never asked this and I told her I can’t drive because of the pain, she also said I can walk unaided for 200 meters without any aid, again I told her I can’t walk more than 50 before needing to rest and that I use my stick in the house and outside, the list goes on even though I said I can’t cook a meal from scratch, I only eat microwave meals, I don’t eat that much because my meds suppress my appetite. I’m not sure if she is talking about me because there is so many things I didn’t say, I’ve got a phone call with my MP’s office on Monday because I’m appalled by this process, they want to support me, do you think I should wait till I hear about the award Before they write to them? 

Many thanks 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Each dot will apply to what points you have scored in each descriptor, you then add them up in the care and separately in the mobility i've added a link that might help you work it out.

https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/pip-test
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• ASDIBS
    ASDIBS Community member Posts: 72 Courageous
    Options
    Hi @AFB18
    Have you received a covering letter advising if your claim has been successful? You usually receive a copy of the descriptors and how many points you have been awarded for each one. If you haven't been successful or are receiving less than expected, have you asked for a mandatory reconsideration?  You may have gotten beyond this stage and I apologise if so.
  • AFB18
    Options
    Hi @woodbine
    the dots are in for example a can engage with other people unaided and there’s writing in justification for descriptors choice and at the bottom of the page are what look like markers as in l,l but not typed if that makes any sense? 
  • AFB18
    Options

Hi @ASDIBS
    i have only received the report that I phoned up for, I also had an assessment for work capability and got that two days after saying that I have limited capability and that I don’t need to look for work, you would think they would do it all together, would save millions.
    i guess I will have to wait a bit longer, my local MP wants to help by writing a letter of support. 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    PIP and ESA are completely different benefits, did you use the link I provided above?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• AFB18
    Options
    Hi @woodbine
    i did look at that and that would mean I scored 0 points even though I can’t walk without aid and I can’t cook or bathe without aids. 
    Most of what she has said is wrong and I’ve not said, I’ll just wait for the letter and then take the next step. 

Thanks again 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.