It would really help. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

It would really help.

Options
woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,656 Disability Gamechanger
If people making long post could split their text into paragraphs, i've just tried to read an especially long post and gave up.
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Comments

1119082 Posts: 258 Courageous
    Options
    Okay it is never okay to give up  you need to carry on with the chats with me. As your talking buddy I would like to help you. My name is Masuma by the way also I am very new to the Scope's community.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Tend to agree with you there @woodbine
  • woodbine
    Options
    1119082 said:
    Okay it is never okay to give up  you need to carry on with the chats with me. As your talking buddy I would like to help you. My name is Masuma by the way also I am very new to the Scope's community.
    sorry you've lost me there

Options
    Options
    I was saying that you can carry on with the chats with me as your talking buddy 
    Options
  • woodbine
    Options
    methinks someones trying to get their post count up ? or is it just me?

Options
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    I do agree that it’s hard to read big chunks of text, however need to be mindful of people that might struggle with paragraphing, grammar, etc. 
    Options
    Yes it is Mark 
    Options
    Mark would you like me to become your talking buddy 
    Options
    My name is Masuma Mark 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    If there is something in particular you want to talk about then feel free. 
    Options
    Do you have any questions about my sensory visual impairment  then feel free to ask your talking buddy with Masuma Mark
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Options
    woodbine said:
    You're probably right.

I've reported the account for spamming but I somehow doubt the Mods will do anything.

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Maybe they’ve read too much Asimov ?

on a totally separate note years ago there was a program called Lucy which was an artificially intelligent agent which would engage in conversation with people. I think it was a counselling bot, so it could use stock answers like “how does that make you feel?” And such like. It fooled a lot of people into believing it was a real person. Just reminiscing. ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    While that would be great in an ideal world @woodbine, as @MarkN88 says we do have to keep in mind that some people might find paragraphing challenging, for various reasons. 

I would always encourage everybody to leave line spaces between longer sentences and break up your posts into manageable chunks, but it isn't a necessity, people should write their posts in a way that is most comfortable for them.

Same goes for post counts, of course we want to prevent anybody from spamming on the community, but spamming is not always a person's intention. Platforms such as this can take time to get used to, and we should support people to do that. 

woodbine said:
    You're probably right.

I've reported the account for spamming but I somehow doubt the Mods will do anything.

As always we take each report individually and respond to it in the way we believe to be the fairest way possible in accordance with our guidelines. Our actions aren't always visible to you all, but in this case we have taken some action to benefit everyone involved.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness