Morning, how's your day going so far? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Morning, how's your day going so far?

Sandy_123
Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,788 Disability Gamechanger
edited January 16 in Coffee lounge
A cold start to the day brr, how's your day going? Mine so far, I've received a Morrison's food delivery, which was half hour early, so had bed head to open door. I'm longing for a coffee but got a sleeping cat draped over me, pinching my body heat.

Comments

• Sandy_123
    @Adrian_Scope I'm glad it's not just me then, I must say made me laugh at pig pjs. Your going to need some strong coffee today if not a nap. I managed to just get a coffee, the cat decided he wanted to munch out of his bowl, so that was my exit to the kettle.
  • Sandy_123
    @66Mustang morning, sorry to hear you have bad news. Good news on the cold weather payment, it's freezing today, I'm sat with blanket over me with heating on. Enjoy your shopping trip later.
  • Sandy_123
    @leeCal glad your day is going ok,  -3 tonight where I am. And it's 1 at the moment, can't keep my feet warm.  Who says you need kids to build a snow man lol. I'd love to build an igloo, we don't have that much snow and it would probably collapse. 
  • Sandy_123
    @leeCal I'm thinking you might need hard proper snow for an igloo and very low temperatures. I've watched a documentary on that ice hotel Joanna Lumley.  I really couldn't stay there the cold don't like me. It looks good tho how they've done it.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Not a good start to my day my sofa has broken totally wasted and it's only 18 months old not having much luck contacting supplier 

On good note booked in my covid vaccine for fri 

School also rang to say my son not submitting his IT work great something else to sort out 

Hoping the afternoon a bit better 
  • Sandy_123
    @janer1967 hopefully the sofa gets sorted out, 18 months not long enough for a new sofa. 
    Vaccine good luck with that, I was ok with mine.
    Get your son to get his school work sent. Then put kettle on.
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    edited February 2021
  • Sandy_123
    @Cressida gosh you've been busy. Hopefully you can relax by the fire soon. Sounds fab a real fire. I would have to get some bread on that for hot buttered toast, like we used to back in the day. What book you reading?
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    Sandy_123 said:
    @Cressida gosh you've been busy. Hopefully you can relax by the fire soon. Sounds fab a real fire. I would have to get some bread on that for hot buttered toast, like we used to back in the day. What book you reading?
    Sorry I deleted my post as I thought it was a bit moany! Lol. I have a toasting fork and now I'm craving toast ? I'm reading the Thursday Murder Club atm. I've got a raging headache now so just watching gentle TV. Re-watching Poirot for the umpteen time. During lockdown I have found myself watching predictable TV with a happy ending ? I hope your day has gone well.
  • Sandy_123
    @Cressida nooo wasn't moany at all. At least you can relax now, get that toast on the go, sounds an interesting book, I do like poirot occasionally, I've been busy off and on, chilling out for a bit.
  • Masuma12345678
    Masuma12345678 Posts: 50 Listener
    my day is going very brilliant and it is such a cold day for today.  
  • Sandy_123
    @Masuma12345678 it's freezing, I'm going to pop heating back on and get a hot drink, glad you had a good day,
  • Masuma12345678
    Masuma12345678 Posts: 50 Listener
    Thank you do enjoy your hot drink and do keep warm  
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Been busy applying for jobs today (got to prove to the Daily Mail that not all disabled people of working age are workshy slaves to t'benefit system)

I also won another £3.50 on the Lottery last night after a fiver on Monday.

• Sandy_123
    @MrAllen1976 your doing well with your lotto wins.  Good luck on jobs 
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness