Has anyone on here used MyTutor.co.uk? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Has anyone on here used MyTutor.co.uk?

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
Above.

I just found it on Google after researching ways to remotely do GCSE Maths as I can't get funding to go to The Source near Meadowhall as I've done 2 courses with them already, and I can't go to proper College as I'm too old and they don't fund the course for disabled students.

It's had mostly positive reviews on Trustpilot.co.uk as well.

I'm looking to resit GCSE Maths to get a C grade or above, I did a Source course in October 2019 and got the equivalent of a D at GCSE Maths level, but nowadays even the min wage Office Gofer jobs and most retail jobs ask for a C or above.

Has anyone used them successfully?

The pay rate is £20 per hour, I would use them maybe 2 hours a week for a month.

Comments

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Ive heard of them. Would it not be cheaper to use the many revision sites online to study instead?

Where are you going to resit the GCSE? Who's paying for that?
  • [Deleted User]
    MarkN88 said:
    Ive heard of them. Would it not be cheaper to use the many revision sites online to study instead?

Where are you going to resit the GCSE? Who's paying for that?
    My Brother's going to ring them to see if they have experience of teaching someone on the Autism spectrum, which includes me.

He uses a similar site to teach my just turned 13 year old nephew as he's off school due to the lockdown and he says it's good.

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    No I just meant, if you cant get the funding to resit the GCSE then are you having to pay for it yourself?
  • [Deleted User]
    MarkN88 said:
    No I just meant, if you cant get the funding to resit the GCSE then are you having to pay for it yourself?
    I don't know yet.

Like I said I need to see if they can teach me before we go ahead.

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    I hated maths when I was at Grammar school, but give me a dozen items at different prices and I'll tell you exactly how much change you'd get out of £20 in 1 minute.
    I also know the difference between good interest rates and rip offs, has got me through life so far !
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Mylittlesuperhero
    Mylittlesuperhero Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Tutorful is a good site, my 11 year old with ASD has been having piano lessons with them (they do more academic lessons too) and the tutors are really patient and helpful and everything goes through the video platform on the site and all dbs checked so super safe.  Tutors charge individual basis so you should be able to find one to suit budget. Hes now doing so good hrsx going for grade 1 dxam and a video of his playing has been added to his schools Web page for the school talent show case, so proud, and his confidence has grown so much! Hope that helps? 

Brightness