I was just awarded LCWRA. Am I due any back dated payments? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I was just awarded LCWRA. Am I due any back dated payments?

Ainsley_83
Ainsley_83 Community member Posts: 22 Connected
edited February 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hello everyone!

I have been providing fit notes since 25th September 2020, and had my Wca assessment last week (5th Feb).

Got a letter in my uc journal this afternoon letting me know that they have decided that I have Lcwra.

Trying to figure out if I'm due anything back dated. My assessment period for uc is 9th till 8th of every month. Any insight or advice is appreciated.

Tia xx

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 

Great news this is how it is worked out 

Sept wouldn't count as fit note doesnt cover whole of assessment period as long as that is when you reported medical condition on that date 

Oct 9th -nov 8th first waiting period 

9th nov -8th dec 2nd waiting period 

9th dec - 8th jan 3rd waiting period 

9th jan to 8th feb first payment period 

So you should get additional payment in your feb payment but no back pay will be due 

Hope this helps 
  • Ainsley_83
    My Feb payment is due on the 15th  :D Many thanks for helping 
  • janer1967
    It may not be in that payment as can take a while to update on the system but you should then get it backdated in march payment . Have you checked your payment statement to see if it is included  ? 
  • Ainsley_83
    I will go log in and see if anything has updated :) xx
  • Ainsley_83
    Nope nothing on my statement for my payment due 15th Feb xx

• janer1967
    I'd your feb statement there ? 
  • Ainsley_83
    Yes, it was available 2 days ago. Nothing showing for lcwra. I will give them a chance  :D xx

• janer1967
    No doubt the decision was made too late for this payment 

You could always put a note on your journal to make sure it is picked up 

Please note when they sort it they will alter your feb statement so you might want to print it off b4 they update it so you can see it wasnt paid 
  • Ainsley_83
    Good thinking! xx
  • Ainsley_83
    Just screenshot it. My payments are always the same, so would notice anything taken or added. I can't thank you enough for helping today xx
  • Ainsley_83
    Morning @janer1967

My statement has been updated with this months lcwra payment
  • janer1967
    That's great news 
  • Ainsley_83
    Only thing is, on the decision letter it didn't state how long I have been awarded Lwcra. Will I find out in due course?
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Only thing is, on the decision letter it didn't state how long I have been awarded Lwcra. Will I find out in due course?
    They don't put end dates on LCW/LCWRA decisions. DWP can decide to review at any time after 3 months. 
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    Glad they've sorted it in time for this month's payment for you @Ainsley_83. As calcotti mentioned, there isn't an official end date (they do make a recommendation but can choose to reassess you sooner or long after that date) and you'll continue to receive LCWRA until a new assessment takes place and a new decision is made. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ainsley_83
    Thank you @Adrian_Scope One last question....

I have a work search call with my work coach on my to do list for 5th March. Will that be taken off my to do list?
  • thatsmyname
    thatsmyname Community member Posts: 52 Connected
    Ainsley_83 i had same just been awarded lcwra so apparently now you wont even have a work coach.as soon as i was awarded lcwra my ciach just stopped replying completely on journal messages and i was advised on an other thread that this is why.you will no longer have to provide fitnotes but only future ones.keep any previous ones that you have as they will still possibly need to see them to confirm them after lockdown.ive been told to do this by uc yesterday.
  • thatsmyname
    Also i have finally recieved a note saying im owed 3,495 but as i have an alleged dwp debt of 10,000 pounds it has been sent to debt management team to see if they will offset this against the debt! I have rung them and nearly had a panic atrack on phone but the lady was lovely.shes made a note on the system about my situation...as i need it to move urgently for mental health reasons .she has put that i was distressed on phone and that i am currently already making monthly repayments on the debt. She said theyve not actually received it yet but to check back next week and a decision maker will decide so fingers crossed.also she explained that pip backdates are not regarded in the same way and thats why i was issued those pip backpayments without it been taken from me.
  • Ainsley_83
    @thatsmyname

Hi! Yeah pip isn't part of universal credit. It's paid separately. I was wondering if the phone call would still go ahead, as it's still in my to do list. If the work search call comes, I will nicely tell them I have lcwra  
  • thatsmyname
    Ainsley_83 i would just be available in case i guess.but lady who actually replied to me on journal this morning said you dont have to declare the lcwra award as they get notified straight away on system.i thought you had to tell them and added it on my journal and thats reply i got.my lcwra payment went on straight away too i got the extra 340 on this months payment

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.