Anyone else in Bipolar Crisis — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anyone else in Bipolar Crisis

coylygirl
coylygirl Community member Posts: 283 Pioneering
Hey all, I;m currently in bipolar crisis (mania).  Heavily sedated whilst my new med regime starts to work.  Being well looked after vthe crisis team who visit every other day and have a brilliant support network of friends, family and neighbours.  But they don't really understand where my head is at and I have to keep explaining which  is draining.  Would love to chat to someone who has similar experiences to me.  Big loves to everyone suffering ,mental health issues particularly during the pandemic  <3

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    hi @coylygirl how are you doing this cold evening? I won't pretend to begin to understand but I do know that all your friends on scope are here for you, and I'm pleased that you are being well supported and have a good network of friends and family. Take care.
    John x
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• coylygirl
    Hi John, thanks so much for your kind message, means a lot.  I couldn;t function at all for a week but tonight have managed to cook a beef stew with dumplings and wash up - little things but they mean a lot and the stew will prob last a few days;  Had my boiler fixed today so toasty warm,  The poor engineer was here at the same time as the crisis team so he got a bit more than he bargained for, but he was really sweet about it.  Hope you are well and being supported.  Big loves
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    My experience of the home treatment team was that every time they visited it was a different person and so, yes, had to explain everything all over again, upsetting sometimes.
    Take care. 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• coylygirl
    I see different people, but they seem to make good notes.  My head is usually all over the place so I tend to go off on different tangents each time,  Asked them if they would buy me a Russian dwarf hamster yesterday!!
  • woodbine
    @coylygirl yum stew with dumplings my favourite, glad you got your boiler fixed as it's very cold tonight brrrr, we are both well thanks stay safe x

• coylygirl
    Was delicious though I say so myself and I have leftovers too.  I'm thinking of braving the elements tomorrow and going for a socially distanced walk with a very good friend.  It's the little things that keep us well  :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Did you manage to get out for a walk @coylygirl
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • woodbine
    @coylygirl how are you doing today my friend? I've had a rotten weekend started with a really bad sore throat on Friday and it's not getting any better so a phone call to the GP tomorrow, I think senior management is quietly pleased as i've been very quiet !

Hope you are improving and still getting the support you need.?
    John x

• coylygirl
    Hey both, the friend I was hoping to go for a walk with lives about 10 miles away and was worried about being stopped by the police.  I think it's an essential journey as it;'s for my mental welfare but I might suggest he rings 101 to check as he has next week off.  I did bundle myself up and made it to Tesco which was stressful due to late minute V day shoppers!  No steal or duck left so I couldn't treat myself. Made chicken fajitas though which were very nice.  Sorry about your throat John, not pleasant.  I'm expecting a phone call from GP for various aliments tomorrow so hopefully that goes well.  Mental and physical health seem to go hand in hand but fortunately the professionals are taking a holistic approach,  Big loves to you all  :)
  • coylygirl
    Steak lol, I'm not at shoplifter  :#

Brightness