Music you're listening to - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Music you're listening to

13»

Comments

• Drumbrick_1
    Drumbrick_1 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    The Fureys 'Steal Away'
    A beautiful haunting song.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2021
    Sia,  chandelier.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• jsmith8899
    jsmith8899 Community member Posts: 32 Courageous
    Usually I'm a big hair/glam rock music lover but rather have this what maybe some might call a guilty pleasure (yeah got a huge wide array of music tastes) haha in that listening to a lot of Kylie Minogue haha
    I used to, and still do, love Madness.. I remember when I was about 5 being fascinated by the video to Baggy Trousers, the flying Sax guy.

And almost 40 years later it's still one of the best Pop videos ever.

Yeah do make some amazing songs do Madness or have done when they did the thing at the Jubilee though was amazing haha
  • SOB
    SOB Community member Posts: 24 Courageous
    Has anyone ever listened to a band called "Vengeance"? If you love rock & roll old style, then you will certainly like their album "Last of the fallen hero's" the hero's in question are the folks in the NHS!. I've also started listening to Rag & Bone man & Sigala, plus the sound track played by AC/DC used in the Iron man movie. Yes! I like science fiction. The 80's 90's is my kind of music, but I do try to keep up with what's in for 2021. I wish you all to stay well, because the misery of covid will be over sooner than you think!  
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I haven't heard of Vengeance before, but I'll try and check them out @SOB :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,522 Disability Gamechanger
    Listening to some Frank Sinatra just right for a Sunday
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• jsmith8899
    Usually I'm a big hair/glam rock music lover but rather have this what maybe some might call a guilty pleasure (yeah got a huge wide array of music tastes) haha in that listening to a lot of Kylie Minogue haha
    I used to, and still do, love Madness.. I remember when I was about 5 being fascinated by the video to Baggy Trousers, the flying Sax guy.

Yeah do make some amazing songs do Madness or have done when they did the thing at the Jubilee though was amazing haha
    Yeah is more the likes of Def Leppard I meant, hey ya know their drummer Rick Allen (aka The Thunder God his nickname haha) only has one arm, was ripped off in a car crash in I think 1984 took me a while to notice but yeah.... until someone on youtube pointed it out had no idea lol
  • coylygirl
    coylygirl Community member Posts: 283 Pioneering

I saw them live at Plymouth Pavilions in about 2001.  Unfortunately the sound system was poor and I had a panic attack because of the crowds.  But it was still amazing.  My favourite tune is "It must be love" and the video is awesome!
  • coylygirl
    coylygirl Community member Posts: 283 Pioneering
    I can't concentrate on TV (manic) so I'm listening to a lot of music.  I'm going through an 80s phase, so UB40 and Depeche Mode are doing it for me at the moment
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    I am listening to joss stone love ger music 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
  • jsmith8899
    coylygirl said:

I saw them live at Plymouth Pavilions in about 2001.  Unfortunately the sound system was poor and I had a panic attack because of the crowds.  But it was still amazing.  My favourite tune is "It must be love" and the video is awesome!
    Oh thats a pity you had problems with your mental health but is great you enjoyed it!
    Can completely understand that though not so much recently used to get really really bad social phobia I mean back in about 2003-2005 was just horrible to be quite honest

Brightness