PIP HAPPY NEWS!!!!! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP HAPPY NEWS!!!!!

Options
Carlbenn_88
Carlbenn_88 Community member Posts: 40 Listener
edited February 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Just to let everyone no I spoke to PIP today and they have confirmed a decision has been made and it's good news !!!! I have been awarded a higher rate so I'm buzzing!!!! they said within the next few days I will have a copy of the award, 5 years I got. higher care and low rate mobility so Im so so happy!!!! anyone reading this don't give up. If you feel like you should get a higher rate push for it. As I was only on enhanced rate for care and nothing for mobility but this time I've been awarded low rate for mobility. so it's worked perfect for me. and the decision maker Sharron called me and she was amazing !!!! she said plenty of evidence with other stuff made her decision.
Tagged:

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,629 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Always good to hear good news in these times of doom well done you 

sorry but after I read the post I realised that it's sunday and PIP wouldn't have been open, but if by some chance they were it still good news Sam.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,193 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Aww great news, I’m happy for you. You can relax and enjoy a decent nights sleep now.?
  • kimbychick
    kimbychick Community member Posts: 33 Connected
    Options
    Well done @Carlbenn_88 that's great news. Do you mind me asking how long did it take in total from sending your review form to getting your decision? Thanks
  • Carlbenn_88
    Options
    @woodbine I'm just so made up!!! got a higher award as well.
  • Carlbenn_88
    Options
    @kimbychick all in all its taken just over 2 weeks, I would say in total 3 weeks. I'm just made up as I've got awarded it for 5 years, and got a higher award this time. Buzzing!! 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Congratulations well done 
  • coylygirl
    coylygirl Community member Posts: 283 Pioneering
    Options
    Fantastic news x
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,629 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    woodbine said:
    Always good to hear good news in these times of doom well done you 

sorry but after I read the post I realised that it's sunday and PIP wouldn't have been open, but if by some chance they were it still good news Sam.
    my mistake got the day wrong !!!!!
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• kimbychick
    Options
    @Carlbenn_88 wow that was so quick! I sent my review form off 5 weeks ago and also requested a paper based assessment. Yet to hear anything back. I can imagine your excitement and relief. Well done you x
  • Carlbenn_88
    edited February 2021
    Options
    @kimbychick either way as rude as it sounds I would of been very shocked if I didn't get anything, but then again I would of taken it the whole way as I no I am fully entitled to it regardless if they awarded it me or not. so many people just give up if they get knocked back but they shouldn't! as I no people that have got all the way to tribunal and won. infact I no someone that went tribunal waited over a year and got sound 9500 in his account and awarded it for 5 years, too many people give up. I would advise don't give up if your entitled to it. [Removed by moderator - personal attack]
  • kimbychick
    Options
    @Carlbenn_88 thanks for your advice. In 2017 I was awarded 0 points after assessment. Then after MR I was awarded 10 points DL and went onto appeal for mobility and was awarded 10 points for this too. I am prepared to do the same again. It is just such a worry at the thought of having to go through all this again, as you well know. I am so pleased you got what you deserve and for 5 years too. I have never heard of a decision being made so quick as in 3 weeks. This gives me a bit of hope that mine may not take as long as I expect. Although I know that every area is different. Thanks ?
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Congratulations @Carlbenn_88 :) I'm really pleased that you got the result you wanted.

To make you aware, I've edited out part of one of your comments as it contains a personal attack against another member. We don't allow this on the community, so please refrain from doing this. If you're unhappy with something a member has said, please report the relevant comment or post so that we can review it. You can also email us at community@scope.org.uk.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • tricky69
    tricky69 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    How long after you receive letter to say they have all the info they need how long until you get or got decision thanks
  • Carlbenn_88
    Options
    @Tori_Scope sorry I didn't mean it 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @tricky69 it can take around 8 weeks to get a decision 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.