Will I have to do the whole work capability assessment if I come under the “at risk” category? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will I have to do the whole work capability assessment if I come under the “at risk” category?

Options
shandogthecat
shandogthecat Community member Posts: 11 Connected
Hello everyone,

After just getting my head around what I need to do for next week’s PIP assessment, I received notice of my health assessment for Universal Credit the week after. Now, I know I’m on some kind of “at risk” list because of the fact I’m still getting this phone call despite never returning the UC50 form in the first place, so I just want to know if every single one of the questions is likely to be asked?

For example, (and I never normally like sharing personal health details but I feel it’s important to get this answered) I suffer from C-PTSD which makes it so being around men can be extremely distressing to me, causing panic attacks etc (how useful for daily life, eh), plus I have severe ADHD which makes trying to do any kind of written or timely work (online work for example) impossible also.

If they are aware of these two facts, it is my understanding that I automatically qualify for the LCWRA category because I am “at risk”. I therefore don’t want to have to worry about proving how far I can walk, how much I can lift my hand over my head, and all that, if it almost isn’t even relevant.

Am I correct in this assumption, or when I have my phone call, will I still likely need to answer the entre full questionnaire. Especially with dealing with PIP at the same time, at least not having to worry about the work capability assessment would be a huge weight off my chest. 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,618 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Whilst assessments for PIP and ESA are being done by phone for obvious reasons they are also being done in full.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

I'm not certain how the st risk factor works but if you have been notified of an assessment then you will have to go through with it and as you haven't sent in the uc50 form they wint have any details to go with or medical evidence 

If they dont know anything then how can they automatically award you ? 

I dont know in what circumstances an automatic award would be granted most people have assessments even if just paper based 

Good luck and let us know how you get on 
  • shandogthecat
    shandogthecat Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    Options
    Ah yes that makes sense. I guess I was just so paranoid about doing the damn thing I guess I wondered if I came under some magical loophole lol

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.