I already get PIP. Can I put in another claim for my arthritis or will that be a change of circs? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I already get PIP. Can I put in another claim for my arthritis or will that be a change of circs?

Options
char38
char38 Community member Posts: 43 Connected
edited February 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi just wondering i get PIP for anxity n depression. Im just wondering if i can put in another claim for my arthritics or will that just b a change of circumstances 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It will be a change of circumstances 

If you have an award you cant claim another one 

I would get advice before reporting a change ad it could affect your current claim as will rmtrigger a complete new assessment 

How long is left on your current claim also as it may be worth waiting for a review if there idnt long left on it 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Before reporting a change you should look at the point scoring and be realistic whether the change is likely to result in you receiving more points than before and if it would whether the difference would actually change the amount of benefit you would be entitled to. If you report a change the whole award will be looked at again - you can't ask them just to look at one particular point.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,631 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @char38 what rate of PIP do you get now?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.