Just listen to me... — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Just listen to me...

Options
Awesomelorenzo
Awesomelorenzo Community member Posts: 114 Connected
No-one in my family seems to understand me.
I have been working in shop since November and it's getting to me. First it was the masses of exempts and non mask wearers that made me cry everynight. It took one day of crying for the managers to stop them coming in.
Now it's the injuries. I have shoulder, wrist, elbow and foot pain through work. I have 3 days off a week as rest but it hardly recovers before I have to do it all again.
My co-workers have gotten weird around me. One reckons I backchat, and seems really cold towards me even though I'm trying to be nice to her, the other thinks I'm cheeky and she always tells the whole aisle she's going to teach me netball because I miss the cardboard cage. I'm done with it. I can't be myself around them.
The last 2 days I have tried to be out back as much as I can, so I don't have to hurt.
I don't think the doctors would help and I honestly don't think they care about me so I have put off phoning them for the lest month or so.
Rant over.

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble at work @Awesomelorenzo, and that you're experiencing some pain.

Have you spoken to your manager about the way your co-workers are treating you? It can sometimes be best to nip these situations in the bud before they spiral into a more serious problem.

I can appreciate that it sometimes feels as though doctors don't care, but ultimately they're usually the best people to contact if you're experiencing increased pain. Could you remind us of the cause of your pain? Is your pain being managed in any way at the moment? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,631 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi is it a large company you work for? if so could you have a chat to someone in HR?
    As above making an appt with you GP would be a good idea, they do care and they will try their best to help.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness