Claimed pip and haven’t heard anything. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Claimed pip and haven’t heard anything.

Melby06
Melby06 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi, I rang pip on 10th November to start my claim and filled In the form and sent it off and dwp text me on 9th December to say they have received the form, that is last time I heard anything.  I haven’t had assessment yet or anything 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    There are long delays at the moment. You know you are in the system. Unfortunately the process is slow.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Was it a first time claim or a renewal? If first time and if you get an award it will be back dated. i'd be tempted to call them but as calcotti rightly says as with most things it's taking longer than usual.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Melby06
    Melby06 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    It was a first time claim 
  • Charlieniblett
    Charlieniblett Community member Posts: 54 Connected
    I too was concerned about the time, so I rang the health assessment people for my area (formerly atos) and they told me the claim was with their scheduling department. Lo and behold the following day, received a text with an appointment for 9th of March. So I may be worth calling them, they also mention sometimes they have cancellations and can fit you in quicker.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.