PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Hi, my name is aydin! I'm waiting for a tribunal hearing for my son. Can anyone help?

aydinaydin Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 24 in PIP, DLA and AA
I am the mother of Gani who has been an OCD sufferer since he was 16, he is now 39. Over the years when I was in work and because there was no support or care through the NHS for mental illness, I paid for consultations and therapists for him all privately. I am now retired and not in a position to help financially. He was on DLA, he was sent a form to be assessed to switch to PIP, he attended the session himself, reported that the assessor was very sympathetic to him and thanked him for providing a true insight into the sufferings with OCD, then proceeded to give him no points on anything. I asked for the mandatory review and are now waiting for the tribunal hearing. It will be a remote hearing. I have no experience in these matters and he, as a sufferer is not in a position to fight this out. Can someone please help.

Replies

Sign in or join us to comment.