Lighter nights — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lighter nights

woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
Just realised it's gone 5p.m and still daylight here, only another month before we alter the clocks, should hopefuly cheer us all up a little.
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    I agree, coupled with the easing of the restrictions

I used to like going out for a drive after dinner but not so keen on doing it in the dark as you can’t see anything, it will be nice to do it again and an incentive not to have a little drink before dinner so I can still drive :)
  • coylygirl
    coylygirl Community member Posts: 283 Pioneering
    I know, I'm typing and I haven't had to turn the light on.  Nights are definitely drawing out.  Only a couple of days until spring and hopefully some decent weather for my charity challenge  :)  
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Much prefer the longer hours of daylight 

Used to hate working in winter going to work and coming home in dark 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Just haveing the sun today made me feel alot better 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,788 Disability Gamechanger
    @woodbine it's loads better, I tend to do more then I would in bleak winter, makes you feel good. I've noticed the moon is very big and bright tonight too and low
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Not meaning to be contrary but I actually prefer the winter. Cosy evenings in, nice warm jumpers to wear and sometimes beautiful snowy scenes to view, probably not a popular opinion but hey ho...must be in my genes.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    I can't wait for spring and summer, i just find winter so depressing now. Can't wait to see all the flowers and trees come into bloom :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    leeCal said:
    Not meaning to be contrary but I actually prefer the winter. Cosy evenings in, nice warm jumpers to wear and sometimes beautiful snowy scenes to view, probably not a popular opinion but hey ho...must be in my genes.
    There's never anything wrong with prefering different, I also love the winter, but I just think that this year after months of lockdown (before we get back to normal) spring will be a welcome relief.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes I like the longer days too.  Also like the brief period between bare trees and no flowers - and hayfever season! 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    The lighter nights are good for the soul aren't they? It feels like better times are coming for us all. All I need is some daffodils in my window and I'll be set for spring! 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness