PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP

kes2611
kes2611 Community member Posts: 124 Courageous
I have a question on PIP. I have not had a bath for over a year cause i cannot get into my bath cause of my back problem n bad ankle,does that count as needing help to bath cause that is one of questions. 

Comments

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,585 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, I'd say so.  You'll need to give a bit more info on the form though. 

For example, can you shower in a cubicle/wet-room instead?  Do you need an aid such as a hand rail or seat etc to shower?  Do you need assistance to wash any areas that can't you're unable to reach due to your back problem?

Hope that helps.
  • kes2611
    I have a slipped disc n cant lift my leg to get into the bath n i wld not b able to get down into bath or push myself up.if i had a shower i wld have to sit on a stool cause of my back issue.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

Yes it needs to be included and how you do wad yourself or get help to wash 

Have you thought of getting a bath lift I have one they are a life saver 

You can get a care needs assessment by referring yourself on Gov website and it will assess and recommend and supply any aids you need including aids to bathe 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,585 Disability Gamechanger
    kes2611 said:
    I have a slipped disc n cant lift my leg to get into the bath n i wld not b able to get down into bath or push myself up.if i had a shower i wld have to sit on a stool cause of my back issue.
    Yes, that's exactly the sort of thing you'll need to explain on the form. 

In my opinion you should score at least 2 points there for needing an aid. Possibly up to 4 points if you need any assistance as well.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sure I got points for having to use a bath lift to get in and out of bath as I got points for bathing and I can wash myself 
  • kes2611
    will the decision maker look at my ESA to help make decision n will they read the letter i also sent in with my PIP form. Am on ESA for life. 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    kes2611 said:
    will the decision maker look at my ESA to help make decision n will they read the letter i also sent in with my PIP form. Am on ESA for life. 
    ESA and PIP are two completely different benefits, an ESA award can be reviewed at any time.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.