Anyone else had trouble getting medication from doctors surgeries? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anyone else had trouble getting medication from doctors surgeries?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 144 Pioneering
    First thing I've got to say, I'm back on the forum after nearly 2 months of problems logging in!!
    Anyway, back to the plot, reading people's replies to this post it seems alot of us are having problems getting the meds we want as the government haven't thought about disabled people as usual!
    0898 Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    oh yes I've had problems with 2 chemists both within 100 metres from the doctor and in the end i got banned by both of them as i secretly videoed all 3 conversations and thank the God's for Pharmacy2U apparently the problem is the prescription is for 1 month and they had issues with the 28 day reissues and im still barred but im medicated  :)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 144 Pioneering
    Yes, My tablets still aren't the same as they should be since I first started this post, and just today because 2 lots of my tablets look virtually identical I've realised I've been taken 2 of the same for the past two days! 2 lots of doxadura for high blood pressure and none of my paroxetine for depression etc!!! No wonder I've had trouble sleeping!! Good job I spotted my mistake today!
  • apb123
    apb123 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    That is the pharmacy. The GP prescribes the generic medication correctly. The pharmacy uses a wholesaler who will supply whatever they can get. 
  • littleacorn
    littleacorn Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    I now have about 500 paracetamols that I cant take because the pharmacy has decided to change its brand. What a waste of money and will I now have to go without until my next prescription is due?

Brightness