Supermarket experiences — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Supermarket experiences

Emma_vogelmann_scope
Emma_vogelmann_scope Community member Posts: 8 Connected
edited March 2021 in Research and opportunities
Hi everyone. I'm doing research into people's experiences with supermarket shopping in-store. I would be so grateful if people would share their experiences with me - good or bad! Please comment below or email me if you'd rather it be private. My email is emma.vogelmann@scope.org.uk 
Tagged:

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Do you have any specific question or area of interest or just looking for general experiences?

I’ve had good experiences myself but a couple of times I have been questioned for not shopping alone as I always go with a carer. The staff have been OK once told I am with a carer but it’s a bit awkward having to tell a stranger in public that I’m with a carer. That said I don’t know what else they could do in that situation, as I understand that they do need to confront people who may be breaking the rules, so I think they are dealing with it quite well.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2021
    Just to confirm, if anyone was unsure, @Emma_vogelmann_scope works for Scope (lucky us!) and this opportunity is safe to participate in :)  Also, I believe it's general experiences in relation to corona-virus, so thank you for sharing that @66Mustang and I'm sorry you've come up against questioning.   I'm glad staff have been more understanding.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    In the first 2 lockdowns we had no choice other than to go to the supermarket as we couldn't get a delivery slot, the last time we went was 23rd Dec, however during this current lockdown we have had no problem getting deliveries. I think some people will have had problems but I'm certain that the stores are doing their very best in difficult situations.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @woodbine I found it good doing my morrisons  shopping on the amazon app as they use amazon drivers  and sometimes if I am lucky I get my shopping within 2hrs and 40  pound or over is free delivery 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    I tried doing that @lisathomas50 went through it all to be told there was no delivery slot avaliable  :(
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Garza
    Garza Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    Hi everyone. I'm doing research into people's experiences with supermarket shopping in-store. I would be so grateful if people would share their experiences with me - good or bad! Please comment below or email me if you'd rather it be private. My email is emma.vogelmann@scope.org.uk 
    Hello Emma 

It was a pleasure to chat with you regarding this a little while back, I look forward to helping out on more research as and when I can 

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.