Hi, my name is nicoleleex! Pip points — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is nicoleleex! Pip points

nicoleleex
nicoleleex Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited March 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi i recently had my pip assesment and scored no points atol so been refused, I have arthritis in my spine, a slipped disc and complex trauma disorder also systemic mastositosis I cant walk for longer than about 5 mins as I cant physically bare weight on my back and legs I'm in that much pain i also have severe loose bowels and I cant leave my house obviously cant do everyday tasks but I scored no points !!   Has this happened to anyone and won the appeal ? 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 
    Sorry your claim was refuded
    There are lots examples on here same as yours whi have gone on to win 

Have a look in the PIP section 

Ask if you have any questions 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,522 Disability Gamechanger
    You now need to request a mandatory reconsideration, sometimes that does the trick but be prepared to take it to appeal, might be an idea to speak to your local welfare rights.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @nicoleleex and welcome to our community.  I'm sorry to hear about the outcome of your PIP decision :(  

We have definitely come across examples where people have initially got zero points and then gone on to be successful after appeal, but it's highly dependent on individual impairments and how they affect people's ability to carry out the PIP activities

If you visit the Advice Local website and enter your postcode, selecting 'Welfare benefits' from the drop down list, it will provide you with a list of free, independent organisations close by who could help you if you choose to proceed to a mandatory reconsideration.  

Please let us know how you get on and good luck.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • nicoleleex
    nicoleleex Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Thank use,  been a long wait and I honestly dont know how that is possible everyone is totally shocked that I didn't score any, how dose a mr work x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.