Had my pip assessment at 8.00am today. How long does it take for the report to be sent to the DWP? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Had my pip assessment at 8.00am today. How long does it take for the report to be sent to the DWP?

Options
berry123
berry123 Community member Posts: 264 Pioneering
edited February 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all I had my pip assessment today how long it takes for them to send report to dwp. I know assessor said it takes 8 weeks to decide.  Hope the assessor dont make up lies.  She was lovely I started.crying. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi 

Glad it's all done you can request your report after approx 7 working days after your assessment 

Fingers crossed keep us updated 
  • berry123
    Options
    @janer1967 I will due the waiting time now 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,628 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They are usually sent electronically now but as @janer1967 says give it around 7 days then request a copy (PA4) which should indicate the award they are recommending.
    Good luck
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• berry123
    Options
    @woodbine thank you I ring next week just hope the assessor does not make up any stories.  I keep you all updated 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,628 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It would be very unusual for an assessor to "make up stories", but let us know how you get on

2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• berry123
    Options
    @woodbine I defoe will thanks again 
  • berry123
    Options
    Hi all when I had my pip assessment the health professional said that I gave alot of information for the dwp she said it twice.  Is that a good indication ???
  • janer1967
    Options
    It doesnt really mean anything but may just have made the assessment easier as they had a lot if information already 

All depends on how relevant the info was 
  • Chris0909
    Chris0909 Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    Options
    I had my accessment on the 9th Feb and the pip recived it on 15th and I got my copy posted on 16th recived it 21st...
    Now the waiting game 
  • berry123
    Options
    @Chris0909 what point you get was it a good outcome
  • sonic1989
    sonic1989 Community member Posts: 25 Connected
    Options
    Have Chris or Berry had there award letter yet 
  • berry123
    Options
    @sonic1989 nothing yet it's a waiting game the DM only received my report last week monday hopefully not long
  • sonic1989
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Ok The dm received mine the 11 feb and I have not heard anything I had the standard letter we have everything we need but nothing yet do a lot of people get payment before they get decision letter 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello all awaiting your PIP award notification letters. Once you have had your assessment wait a week and request a copy of your assessment report and on receiving it you can work out what your award may should be but you still have to wait for the award notification letter. If the award is what you expected then sit back and wait as the decision makers normally go with the assessment report. If you put for a change of circumstances and your award is the same as before having the report allows you to read and prepare evidence and gather extra supporting evidence to start an MR once you have received the official award notification letter. Phone the DWP and inform them you want an MR then send in your prepared papers showing the supporting evidence as why you should have the award changed, I sent mine recorded delivery at 1120 am on a Tuesday and it arrived at 1330 pm the next day second class post. So I rang DWP and they confirmed they had received the package.
  • sarah1977
    sarah1977 Community member Posts: 37 Connected
    Options
    Hi, can anyone advise me on the how long you waited to have your assessment. And are they face to face or telephone assesments. My daughter tuened 16 in november. Form was sent back dec not herd anything at all.
  • janer1967
    Options
    @sarah1977

Assessments are phone assessments currently or a few are paper based 

I think most people are waiting a few months for assessments due to huge backlogs 
  • sonic1989
    Options
    @sarah1977
    dwp received my form dec 4th I rang capita myself and booked appointment it wasn’t till 3rd of feb I’m still waiting for my decision now 
  • sarah1977
    Options
    janer1967 said:
    @sarah1977

Assessments are phone assessments currently or a few are paper based 

I think most people are waiting a few months for assessments due to huge backlogs 
    Thank you Jane.  
  • sarah1977
    Options
    sonic1989 said:
    @sarah1977
    dwp received my form dec 4th I rang capita myself and booked appointment it wasn’t till 3rd of feb I’m still waiting for my decision now 
    Thank you sonic. 
  • berry123
    Options
    Hi all just wanted to know if pip not awarded do you get notified early and pip which has been awarded you get notified latem

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.