Awaiting Pip Assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Awaiting Pip Assessment

Gobbygirl66
Gobbygirl66 Community member Posts: 32 Connected
Hi all I am back again and stressed with pip,my 3 year pip has ended 28th Feb form sent back 12th Jan 2021 it's been with them since 16th Jan awaiting assessment appointment but no show 7 weeks now anyone know how long I could be waiting for this appointment are we looking at weeks or months, now with out pip money but they don't care said that money is only for extras to help me.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 

Unfortunately it can take a while for the assessment depends on backlog in your area.  Some wait weeks some months 

Sorry this isnt probably what you want yo hear 

It is normal that you start the review 6 months prior to award ending or 14 weeks for tribunal awards so it seems late that your forms were sent off in jan fir claim ending in feb 

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    hello, you could trying calling the DWP, I did and was informed my file had been sent to the assessment company who will contact me in the future. Your receive a letter informing you of the date and approximate time the assessor will call you and the number they will call you on.so if any information is incorrect you can inform the assessment company to update their details. The assessment takes about an hour sometimes longer.
  • Gobbygirl66
    Hi 
    Thanks for the reply you say tribunal award should start 14 weeks to claim ending,they only gave me 13 weeks is there anything I can do about that not been 14 or am I just been picky.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I dont think there would be any point it is your responsibility to chase it up the owness is on you really as it's your claim 

Also if you are awarded again it will be backdated to when your other claim ended 
  • Gobbygirl66
    Thanks for that janer1967.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.