Hi, my name is summerholidays! Pip assessment report — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is summerholidays! Pip assessment report

summerholidays
summerholidays Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited March 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi I had a pip assessment telephone call on 17th Feb I rang dwp today 3rd March to ask for a copy of assessment report they checked on the system said they still have not received it back is this normal I worrying now that it is a bad thing please any advice has how one else had this and had a good outcome 

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 32 Connected
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2021
    Timescales can vary. Sometimes a report may be selected (randomly) for internal checking which can delay return to DWP. Don’t read anything into it.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @summerholidays and welcome to the community, glad you've joined us. 

As above, time scales can vary at the minute, the pandemic has caused quite a bit of delay in a lot of areas, I think the suggestion of asking for a time scale when you call is a good one.

I have moved your conversation to our PIP category.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • summerholidays
    edited March 2021
    I have rang again today it was sent to dwp yesterday Im just worrying cause everything i have read on here most peoples  reports have got to dwp within 7 days of quicker  has anyone waited for there report to reach dwp for 14 days plus and had a good out come x
  • summerholidays
    Timescales on this have only little to do with the pandemic. They have always varied hugely as a glance back at the forum over a year ago quickly shows. Same questions. Same answers.
    So is it normal for report to take 14 days to be sent over to dwp I’m new to all this as my son always been on dla 
  • anxiousbird
    anxiousbird Community member Posts: 162 Pioneering
    Hi summer! 
    If I were you I will try to find out (probably by calling the assessment company) WHEN your report was written. If there was actually a DELAY in the writing of report (rather than a delay because of internal checks) then that could come handy in case you need to go for an MR. 
    I know of atleast one case where a person successfully used this argument to overturn the decision in their favour. They argued that since the report was written many days after the assessment took place, it placed doubt on how well the assessor actually remembered what was said during the assessment - or something along those lines. 

I am not an expert on these things at all so I would advise you to do your own research as well. The person’s story that I’m talking about is from another website benefits&work; you can search on there. Ofcourse, I am writing only from memory and I might have missed out on essential information. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.