I'm in ESA support group. Can I work alongside studying? Will they lower my award? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I'm in ESA support group. Can I work alongside studying? Will they lower my award?

Options
samantham06
samantham06 Community member Posts: 4 Listener

Hi everyone my names sam.

I get ESA support group income related and contribution based. I got approval for studying part time with the open uni for (they say) 18 hours. But I rarely do this. I struggle. This is as I get PIP high rate on both

Pip have said it's ok to work 3 evenings a week despite getting high rate mobility for needing assistance to go out when bad. As my conditions are variable. I find this hard to believe. But spoke to a decision maker today. Said I was going out more alone but she said if I continued to improve then ring up after 18 months of stability as I might get bad again.

ESA I'm having a nightmare with. I'm due to start 12 hours a week work tomorrow. I cant find anywhere online if you can do this permitted work alongside studying I've already been approved for? Could someone help please? And what can I quote them if needed? Expecting a battle.

I mean, it's unlikely il stick to it. But want to try. 

Will they lower my award? They said they may not till next year for new assessment. But you never know.

Very stressed and worried.
Tagged:

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.