It's nearly the weekend, what are your plans? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

It's nearly the weekend, what are your plans?

Ross_Alumni
Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
edited March 2021 in Coffee lounge
It's a cold Friday evening here in Yorkshire, but hearing about your lovely plans and hopes for the weekend will make me feel warmer I'm sure :) 

So, what are you all up to this weekend?
Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,607 Disability Gamechanger
    @Ross_Scope I'm sure I remember a time when we had plans for anything, one day seems much the same as another sadly, best I can do is spoke to daughter today we hope to meet up with her and grandson sometime in April when things start to open up.  :'( miss them both.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Ross_Alumni
    Yes it does quite seem like that some times @woodbine, the days and weeks can often roll into one it feels like. 

When did you last see your daughter and grandson? Either way, it's going to be a superb moment when you finally get to again, I hope that day comes soon for you

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Busy weekend it's my bf birthday on sunday 

Cooking nice meal tomorrow night . Then breakfast in bed and a nice sunday lunch 

Had a cake made for him too 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Sounds wonderful @janer1967, I wish him a very happy birthday for the big day!

What meal are you cooking tomorrow?

• janer1967
    We having chicken Fatija with onion rings and coleslaw 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    I have a hospital appointment tomorrow morning, and then I’m having a clear out in preparation for moving. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    One hour walk as use 6 days per week before work. Then a morning of work in the garden. This week the neighbour has put a new fence panel in so I need to paint outside green. Then I’ll be hoovering the house. Then, finally, a shower. But of a read and then my team are live on BT Sport. Sunday will be the non-league paper, the Sunday papers and some cooking, reading and family time. Total break from work in other words. 
    Sounds busy, a nice mix of productivity and relaxing. Who is your team? 

MarkN88 said:
    I have a hospital appointment tomorrow morning, and then I’m having a clear out in preparation for moving. 
    I hope both of those things go well. Do you have a lot to clear out?

• MarkM88

MarkN88 said:
    I hope both of those things go well. Do you have a lot to clear out?
    Thanks & I’m not too sure, just going to see what needs throwing away, what can be donated, etc. 
  • janer1967
    @MarkN88 nothing like moving home to get you to have a clear out.  I was ruthless when I moved wanted a fresh start so got rid of nearly everything 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,607 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes it does quite seem like that some times @woodbine, the days and weeks can often roll into one it feels like. 

When did you last see your daughter and grandson? Either way, it's going to be a superb moment when you finally get to again, I hope that day comes soon for you
    it was in July last year in between lockdowns and then only for half a day.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• MarkM88
    janer1967 said:
    @MarkN88 nothing like moving home to get you to have a clear out.  I was ruthless when I moved wanted a fresh start so got rid of nearly everything 
    Yes I think ill use this time to do the same. 
  • derekchester
    derekchester Community member Posts: 1 Listener

It's time to clear out books and papers. Of the making of books there is no end

That's why God sent the flood

Derek

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 49,713 Disability Gamechanger
    Well, there is decorating going on so every where is a mess, can't really tidy up while it's going on. Can't really relax either. 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Its my eldest niece's birthday tomorrow, thankfully she lives next door and will be good to celebrate her birthday before she goes back to school next week :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,491 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry to hear you'll struggle to relax @Sandy_123. Could you perhaps pop out into the fresh air for a bit to clear your head? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Tori_Scope
    Happy birthday to your niece for today @Ami2301! I hope she has a lovely day. Will there be any good party food (obviously the best bit of any party)? 

• Sandy_123
    @Tori_Scope it's a night mare but will, look nice when finished. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Do you know how much longer it'll be @Sandy_123? I can imagine it's a bit chaotic, especially when you're not really able to escape anywhere for some peace and quiet. 

• Sandy_123
    @Tori_Scope it's going to take awhile as doing stairs landing as well as lounge kitchen, family that were helping can't now help because of covid restrictions.
  • MarkM88
    @janer1967 back from the hospital and had some lunch, I've started tackling the bedroom first with the clear out, looks like a right dump right now haha. 

Brightness