Hi I'm Charlieg! Is it normal to get a letter saying they have the info needed and will contact me? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi I'm Charlieg! Is it normal to get a letter saying they have the info needed and will contact me?

Charlieg
Charlieg Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited March 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I had a pip assessment over the phone 3 weeks ago and today I received a letter to say they have all the information they need to make a decision and will contact me in due course. Is this norwal. Iam currently on standard care. And no mobility. 
Thanks

Comments

• Charlieg
    Charlieg Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    edited March 2021
    I had a pip assessment over the phone 3 weeks ago and today I received a letter to say they have all the information they need to make a decision and will contact me in due course. Is this norwal. Iam currently on standard care. And no mobility. 
    Thanks
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

Yes this is normal procedure 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    @Charlieg you can now contact them and ask for a copy of the assessment which will give you an idea of the award as the DWP DM usually (but not always) follow the report.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Charlieg :) I hope the above comments have helped.

Just so you know, I've moved your post into our PIP category, and renamed it to make it easier for other members to find. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @Charlieg, Hello and well, this is a normal letter to receive. What you can do is phone the DWP and request a copy of your assessment report and on receiving it you can work out what your award may should be but you still have to wait for your official award notification letter. If the report is not what is what you expected then you have time while waiting to prepare for a mandatory reconsideration. This is where your award is looked at again by a different decision maker who will then either issue a new award or agree with the original award then it’s up to you if you feel it’s worth taking to a tribunal hearing. What ever you decide there are strict time scales as how long you have to appeal for an MR this can be requested over the phone then followed up by a letter and your MR submissions.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    hello and welcome to the community @Charlieg

I hope you get a positive outcome, let us know how you get on :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.