Not Seeing A Doctor — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Not Seeing A Doctor

jimmyjamtom18
jimmyjamtom18 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I have a question I can't seem to find an answer for but does anyone know if the DWP can stop your pip if you start not seeing a doctor? 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,609 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2021
    You don't have to see a doctor in order to get PIP, i assume you mean a GP? it's not really a good idea not to have GP. Or do you mean a consultant?
    @jimmyjamtom18 welcome to scope.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

How would they know? 

It may be an issue when you renew if your not having treatment or taking meds but it isnt a requirement as such for PIP that you have seen your gp 

Lots of people during the pandemic haven't been able to see gp 
  • jimmyjamtom18
    jimmyjamtom18 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Basically I've had ongoing mental health since I was 6 I'm now 29 and for the last two years I've stopped my meds and seeing Medical professionals because I have lost all faith and trust in them and have started managing myself I've been reassessed and today started asked them to re-evaluate it because they have stopped it completely but reading the My Decision bit it seems alot of what I told them as been twisted to suit them and isn't at all how I explained myself and I wondered if the fact I've started managing myself would automatically allow them to say no 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.