Curfew for men — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Curfew for men

Sandy_123
Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,788 Disability Gamechanger
It is being discussed that a curfew for men be done for 6pm in the evening to keep women safer, Wales are considering it at the moment, to me I can't see that being a thing.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Not very realistic or fair for majority who are no threat to anyone 
  • Sandy_123
    @janer1967 yes I agree, i don't think it will ever be passed to go ahead, even tho Wales are considering it. I'm sirprised it's even a thought.
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Where was this reported on? Any links?
  • Sandy_123
  • Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    Hi everyone, society can't punish all men for the actions of the few who are cruel, ignorant and violent. What message would that give to our decent fathers, brothers, husbands?
    Don't forget that sometimes gay men are also assaulted by "straight" men who think it's all right to attack someone for being different.
    Here in London girls are also involved in gangs and the evil actions they take.
    How do we find a way to get the message across that aggression, violence and murder, committed by anyone irrespective of gender are not acceptable in a civilised society? Are some individuals born evil or can they change? I wish I knew the answer... 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2021
    After reading this on another forum I think this idea was not serious, it was kind of hypothetically raised to highlight that some women self impose a curfew on themselves because they feel endangered and how would men feel if they had to stay in.

That said I don’t agree with it in slightest and just backs up my thoughts that society thinks it’s OK to be sexist against men but not against women, racist against white people but not against black people etc.
  • Sandy_123
    I think the starting point should be tougher sentancing, harsher punishments, I still don't get how people do half a sentence for good behaviour, also jury service should be taken away as I've done it and half people who were there, were not intrested in the case, it was just they were forced to do it. Should be made into a profession. 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    As a family we know several people who did jury service and more than one just went with the majority to get the trial over and done with, another one said guilty because the person “looked dodgy” etc!
  • Sandy_123
    @66Mustang in the jury group I was in, some went with every one as they just wasn't interested, some said can we just say any thing to get out of this quicker, about 4 of us took it serious. It needs to be a profession, then those who applied would do it properly.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    I think it will get passed in wales there has been alot of crimes against women alot of fighting in the streets only yesterday 15 Miles from where I live there was a major incident of a group of men fighting with knives in the street three injured  last week 16 year old girl stabbed by a man and died Cardiff alot of men knife crime same in Swansea brigend don't know if a curfew is going to help 
  • Sandy_123
    Yes @lisathomas50 i read about that poor 16 year old girl. The thing is if some men want to do these things they'll just do it earlier or break the curfew, be interesting to see if they fetch it into wales
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Interesting thread.  The sad death of Sarah Everard has raised lots of questions about women's safety, particularly happening in such a busy city spot.  In my opinion, it shouldn't be the case that women or men are scared to walk their own streets and I know I've crossed the road before when feeling vulnerable, pretended to ring someone or changed my direction.  Like you say @Oxonlady - what is the answer though?  I don't think it lies in denigrating an entire gender and ultimately we can't eradicate bad from the world, but that doesn't mean we should accept the status quo.  Hmm.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Lisatho11987777
    @Sandy_123 as you say if it is going to happen then it's going to happen any way I don't think it's all men I think its just men who have committed crimes yesterday was horrible in the middle of neath Wales on line put the video up 6 men and a woman trying to stop it  alot of injurys armed police madness 
  • Sandy_123
    @Cher_Scope I've just been reading latest about Sarah s murderer, apparently he didnt know her, i thought maybe an old boyfreind or something. Now police are checking other areas that might be related to him. 
  • Lisatho11987777
    The Sarah Everard case is a serving police officer and a woman suspected of helping him thsts more scarey when its a serving police officer not long ago 2 police officers were arrested and convicted for rape makes you wonder who you can trust 

The Clydach murders in wales has now bee rr opend becsuse it's believed that a serving police officer has committed the crimes instead of the man that was sent to prison 
  • Lisatho11987777
    @Oxonlady they say some people are born like it and if it was noticed when they were children they may have been able to re train their brain 

Psychopaths  was a good study I was involved in a couple of years ago they are very intelligent manipulate people and they fool people into doing things and they have different identys  they abuse men and women 

The scary part is they show a friendly careing side to get a person on side but thry have no empathy or emotion  they feel no pain thry only live for their self and take whst they want 

The one I studied was a man called will Jordan  he had many identys  and was married to many women took all there money got them to tske loans out for him got them all pregnant very good study now one of his ex wives has written and published  books about him 

It's not only men thst do things its also women  such as myra Hindley  rosemary West and many more like them so it isn't just men 

It's still hard for men thst have been abused and beaten by women  because men are to embarrassed to report it  

There is no cure for some people but the law needs to have tougher laws and life in prison should mean life not 15 years 
  • Lisatho11987777
    The baroness is using the Sarah case for her platform but it wasn't a domestic violence case its a serving police officer that has been arrested for the crime

Does the baroness want all male police officers to be on curfew as well 

I agree that men who have committed crimes against women should be tagged and put on curfew but I also agree that women who committ crimes against men should be treated the same 
  • Sandy_123
    @lisathomas50 psychopaths scare me, if I ever decided to go into a new relationship, I would be scared to I think.
  • Lisatho11987777
    @Sandy_123 William Jordan is still  doing it if you type in William Jordan physchopath one of his ex wives gave an interview with her daughter you csnt tell they are becsuse they are so believable 

Brightness