Chronic Pain — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Chronic Pain

Options
Abbicait
Abbicait Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi, I’m new here and recently been diagnosed with Trigmangle Neuralgia and in excruciating pain. The pain meds I’ve been given don’t help and I’m climbing the walls in agony. I’m looking for advice and support groups on how to manage it. The pain is so bad that it reduces me to tears and I’m getting about 2 hours sleep a night, which isn’t helping my depression , anxiety and ptsd I have been diagnosed with.

I’m currently not working as I’m now caring for my dad who’s just been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer and we have been told he has weeks to live. I’m supporting my step mum too as she has MH issues. I’ve updated my universal credit journal re the Trigmangle Neuralgia and trying to add it to my pip as I sent the questionnaire  back a few weeks ago before I had TN. 

I’m totally lost in all this and struggling with it all ... any help and advice would be extremely appreciated

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    hi @Abbicait and a warm welcome to scope, re:chronic pain could you ask your GP to refer you to the local pain clinic ? most hospitals have one now.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

Sorry you really have a lot to deal with currently 

Are you claiming the carers element of UC for caring for your dad ? 

If there are any specific queries we can try and help it's not clear from your post if you have any questions 

You can send in extra evidence for PIP by post make sure your ni number is on anything you send 

Let us know if we can help further 
  • Abbicait
    Abbicait Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome! I’m not sure if I have any questions yet as I’m trying to unscramble everything in my head.
    ive applied for careers allowance for my dad and told I’m not eligible to claim it....not sure why?
    im struggling with the amount of pain I’m in and talking hurts like mad... does anyone know if pip extra information can be done by email?

my doctors have increased my pain meds but nothing is working and as I’ve only just been diagnosed with it (Saturday night/Sunday morning) ...is it too early to asked to be referred to the hospital? 

My ptsd and depression are building and a meltdown is coming and the pain I’m in isn’t helping... where can I go for support for this? I take antidepressants for my depression at night and often they don’t work mad I’m on max strength. I was referred to the local Spa team and the only advice they could offer was that I had to learn to relax! My ex partner has just appeared in court and got a slap on the wrist... I’m also pushing for further charges against him and struggling for domestic abuse support... any ideas where I can go for this? I’ve tried the helpline and they put me through to Idas who were less than helpful and the only da support where I live

I’m supporting my step mum too with my dad being ill and my brother in denial about it. My step mum isn’t the easiest of people to deal with and is a liar and fantasist....any ideas where I can go to for help? I haven’t had chance to process dads illness as I’ve had to start being responsible for everyone and everything... any ideas where I can go for support?

On top of all this I’m also studying and looking for work whilst running two household and everything else that goes with it.

I feel like I ready to break as more and more pressure is being applied to me and I don’t have anyway of unloading it or sharing it and need help and don’t know where to go
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The first point would be your gp talk it all through with them and ask where you can get support 

There is the mind charity and website that may have some suggestions relating to mental health 

Welfare rights for advice in benefits 

Other members may have some advice 

Brightness