UC £20 - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC £20

Options
2»

Comments

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @cartha it's getting a job that's hard thesrcdsys one job I applied for within two days they had to shut it as over 100 people applied in the first day 

I am on job support trying but there are so many prople out of work looking for work now lol ?
  • cartha
    cartha Community member Posts: 1,390 Pioneering
    Options
    @lisathomas50 I've been looking at doing something online. That is something I could manage at the moment. Just a lot of stuff to sift through to find genuine work opportunities.

Good luck with your job hunting.

Most vacancies around my area seem to be caring jobs, and I've seen some adverts for NHS nursing staff. There are usually a lot of seasonal jobs but so many companies are gone now, locally, so not sure how many of those will be coming up this year. Need to knock this virus on the head somehow.

• Lisatho11987777
    Options
    @cartha have you thought about joining scope job support its realy good thry look for jobs for you and help you apply thats what I am doing ?
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    @cartha have you got a breakdown of your last statement so we can see why you got the lower amount? 
  • cartha
    Options
    @lisathomas50 and @MarkN88 Sorry for the late reply, I have been told I can move house so have been packing. I have got a mental health advocate to help me again and she has referred me to CAB who have been in touch to ask me for details. There are large deductions being taken from my money for tax credits from 2016!  That was so long ago that I can't argue that case so I just have to believe they are correct and pay it back it seems. I will know more when CAB get back to me.  Job support probably wouldn't be able to help me at this point in time, I get times of very bad depression and companies don't know how to deal with that other than to ask me to not bother going back to work.  I need to get this move out of the way first so I can start fresh. Thank you both for the help.

• Lisatho11987777
    Options
    @cartha always here my circumstances have changed again my mum is eith me until Tuesday but she doesnt want to go back to my brothers so waiting to see what happens congratulations on the move hope you will be happy there 
  • cartha
    Options
    @lisathomas50 Good to have your mum with you  at home, it sounds safer from the virus than where she lives.  Moving will be a fresh start for me. I knew I had to move from this house since middle of 2016 so it has never felt like a home. I haven't done anything with the garden or the decorating of the house. I didn't even properly unpack. Add to that the house being packed in boxes since Xmas 2019 when I was supposed to do a house swap but it was cancelled at the last minute due to lockdown, so I have been living with minimal items since then, and dodging boxes, etc. Yes, I can't wait for the move in about two weeks and just in time to get something done in the garden to put a smile on the faces of some local bees. Less bedroom tax, too. Nearer to my parents, I will be able to walk to them on a good day.

• Lisatho11987777
    Options
    @cartha I am happy for you are you younger than me I am 58 me and mum have been looking at houses on the seafront in mumbles lol I would have to save up lol ha ha but I can dream ? are you still by the sea I can't remember been along time since I have been to where your moveing to 
  • cartha
    Options
    @lisathomas50 I visited the mumbles when we were on holiday in Gower for a week. I love the area but not the traffic along the seafront of the Mumbles. Some nice places to eat along there.   I can walk to the sea from where I live now but Trecwn is about five or six miles from the nearest beach. There is a forest looking area near there but I don't know if it's a proper forest of just a thick row of trees next to the road. I like to explore a forest.

• cartha
    Options
    @lisathomas50 Sorry, I forgot to mention, I'm 56 in under a month.

• Lisatho11987777
    Options
    @cartha I wasn't sure lol ?
  • cartha
    Options
    @lisathomas50 you're getting to 60 before me :-P

• Lisatho11987777
    Options
    @cartha don't remind me lol ?