Mens abuse - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mens abuse

Options
124»

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,614 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm not going to get in to the rights and wrongs, all I will say is that sometimes the people want to be heard, and then rent a mob turns up and it turns into a mini riot, most of the demonstrators were just having their say and were committing no crimes.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @woodbine just the minority then as normal 
  • Audinut70
    Audinut70 Community member Posts: 133 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi,@Caz_Scope. Thanks for the understanding, obviously, the police knew about my being accused, and pushing for slander or defamation, would have just drew more attention, my life was already in danger. 
     The violence and abuse, i chose to live with, because not doing so, leaving, would have meant not seeing my sons. Reporting it now would just incur more threats and violence from her family. I live happily now, knowing that my sons hate that side of their family, men and women. They've had their own experiences of abuse from them. 
     I had it for 15 years, they had it till about 4 years ago, they refused to have anything to do with them, thats when I left knowing they were old enough, and couldn't be turned against me. I still get on with her, and held when she needs it. To be honest, my relationship isn't my main problem, where I grew up, fighting was part of life. Being accused of what I was, where I lived, didn't give much life expectancy. The pure fact of who really knew me, and my family got me through. 

Brightness