Question about winning at tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Question about winning at tribunal

anubis68
anubis68 Community member Posts: 30 Listener
Just wondering if I win at tribunal and they give me care and mobility will the mobility part get back dated to 2016 when tbe Court ruling came about? Seeing as I have the same disability now as I did then 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 

If you win at tribunal any higher award will be backdated to the time of application for the claim you are appealing against 

Hope this makes sense 
  • anubis68
    anubis68 Community member Posts: 30 Listener
    hi thanks for that it's just they haven't had chance to look at my claim on the mobility part again since the court ruling came out and was wondering if I got it this time it might be backdated til then seeing as nothing has changed if you get what i mean
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    The court ruling will be separate to tribunal.  Dwp will contact you if the court ruling affects you this us only certain claims between a certain period of time 

The tribunal is only concerned with the claim you are appealing and any back dating as above will be to when you applied for the claim you are appealing 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.