Need help cleaning house — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Need help cleaning house

AshleyH
AshleyH Community member Posts: 1 Listener
both my parents sufffer from chronic fatigue, have had a stroke in the last 2 years and are physically unable to clean up after themselves, and I've been their primary carer for 5 or 6 years and I'm getting too mentally and physically exhausted, I'm looking for someone who offers a discounted rate for disabled clients to help clean our house from top to bottom so we can keep on top of it, as it's just impossible to get the home in a state where it's even presentable. 

and if anyone knows someone selling a cooker, washing machine or microwave that is in good condition but doesn't cost a bomb, please let me know. (we don't have a car, so we'd be happy to pay a bit for them to deliver it to us) because almost everything in our kitchen has started to give up on us. 

thank you.

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @AshleyH

Welcome to the community, sorry to read things are a bit tricky at the moment. 

If you are getting exhausted with being their primary carers, have you thought about the possibility of a social care needs assessment for your parents, which might result in your load being lightened?

Also, Facebook marketplace is a good option for finding bargains, would definitely advise looking there.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    As above a social care needs assessment is the way to go, as well as facebook you could try gumtree and freegle
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for sharing your tips with us as well @woodbine :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness