How have you treated yourself recently? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How have you treated yourself recently?

66Mustang
66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
Just bought myself a treat - a small quarter-bottle of a nice cognac.

I haven’t bought any snacks to eat between meals for quite a while so I spent the money on the cognac instead. 

Looking forward to a dram this evening. (Is it called a dram with cognac?)

What things have other people have treated themselves to recently and if you have a reason behind the treat feel free to share that too. Please post below... :smiley:

Comments

• 66Mustang
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @66Mustang Och aye, that's a fine wee dram you have there!

I bought myself a pair of dungarees in an attempt to be 'hip' and 'down with the kids'.  Unfortunately, they made me look like a walking black sack so got returned  :(  Otherwise, it was a gingerbread bunny this morning (which my other half kindly surprised me with!).  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • 66Mustang
    At least you had the guts to give it a try! I’m so conservative with my clothes, I prefer to just blend in!

A gingerbread bunny sounds really cute!
  • 66Mustang
    @janer1967 very nice, I like it :smile:
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Quite boring but I keep buying myself Easter eggs on my online shopping yummmm
    In the very near future we are treating ourselves to a new fire place before the room gets decorated in May.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• 66Mustang
    @woodbine not boring at all :yum: I would do the same in previous years but am trying hard this year...PS The accountant in me says some of the Easter eggs when on offer are better value than buying chocolate bars!!

New fire place sounds exciting :)
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    66Mustang said:
    @woodbine not boring at all :yum: I would do the same in previous years but am trying hard this year...PS The accountant in me says some of the Easter eggs when on offer are better value than buying chocolate bars!!

New fire place sounds exciting :)
    I'm all for keeping the old one but senior management is putting her foot down and i'm not brave enough to reuse  :)<3

Agree re:easter eggs when you can easily pay 65p for a chocolate bar then 75p or even 99p is good value for Easter eggs, the were at least double that 30 years ago when our kids were little.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Cazcc
    Cazcc Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    well I do not treat myself too kindly mostly as always busy but I listened to my good doctor - no sugar, no gluten, no allergic reactions, no alcohol, no caffeine, plenty of water.  Feeling pretty good health wise so I treated myself with some new very inexpensive clothes. Feeling like a new person or more like the one I used to be. So good health and new clothes it is.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    I have treated myself to a track suit  trainers and under wear and perfume 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,719 Disability Gamechanger
    Hmmm, well recently I treated my self to a new foundation and gel eyeliner, not arrived yet and a very comfy v shaped pillow to support me arrived today :) 
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Some lovely treats there! Thanks for getting us thinking positively @66Mustang!

I haven't got round to doing this yet (for obvious reasons :smiley:) but I am REALLY looking forward to treating myself to a haircut - when I am allowed!

So, I'd be interested in finding out what kinds of things everyone is LOOKING FORWARD to treating themselves to as well? 

Has anybody got any nice treats planned for this weekend?

@Caz_Scope
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Garza
    Garza Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    I have literally just come from amazon before reading this, I purchased a birthday present for my sister and treated myself to a new book and some more Dolce Gusto coffee pods 
  • fluffycat
    fluffycat Community member Posts: 233 Pioneering
    Enjoy your treat..........

(1) Single Slice Velvet Cake! (lil bit of lux)
    (2) Beef in Veg / Special Chop Suey takeaway (saves cooking)
    (3) Selection of Lego (my hobby!)
    (4) Crispy Duck n Pancakes takeaway (for puss n me treat)
    (5) Induction Fry pan (old one more sticky, even with oil)

Can't wait for shops to open so can buy some bath fizzes and handmade soap. (makes bath-time more special)

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    I noticed a massive sale on a pair of bluetooth ear buds I've wanted for a while, so I thought I'd treat myself to those. In preparation for being able to go back out again, thought I'd update to something better sounding :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • fluffycat
    @Ross_Scope

I bought some Bluetooth full size deep base headphones recently for half-price. They are great as often would get tangled-up before with wired-ones.

The battery lasts 15 hours or so though can only pair one device at time. 

Helps going for a meander with music. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    fluffycat said:
    @Ross_Scope

I bought some Bluetooth full size deep base headphones recently for half-price. They are great as often would get tangled-up before with wired-ones.

The battery lasts 15 hours or so though can only pair one device at time. 

Helps going for a meander with music. 
    Nice, I have a super pair of headphones which are a joy to listen to music through. 30 hours of battery life which is very useful.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • 66Mustang
    I went through a phase of buying expensive headphones but being honest with myself I find really I can’t tell much of a difference between them and less expensive ones

Of course a very cheap £1 set will sound low quality but something around £10 I’ve found does the trick. I think I can tell a small difference with higher priced ones but there is definitely some diminishing returns comparing say £1 with £10 then with £100 - the biggest jump is between £1 and £10

Maybe I just tried the wrong ones?

I’m not trying to detract from your purchase - just my experience - if you notice a big difference in quality then great!
  • Ross_Alumni
    66Mustang said:
    I went through a phase of buying expensive headphones but being honest with myself I find really I can’t tell much of a difference between them and less expensive ones

Of course a very cheap £1 set will sound low quality but something around £10 I’ve found does the trick. I think I can tell a small difference with higher priced ones but there is definitely some diminishing returns comparing say £1 with £10 then with £100 - the biggest jump is between £1 and £10

Maybe I just tried the wrong ones?

I’m not trying to detract from your purchase - just my experience - if you notice a big difference in quality then great!
    I think it can depend on what you're looking for really. Personally, I try to get headphones which are high resolution and support the LDAC audio codec. I've found the difference to be quite a jump compared to standard headphones, I can now hear things that are deep in the mix of a song, that I otherwise wouldn't have. 

You're right though, the price jump isn't necessarily worth it, unless you're going to be listening to music an awful lot to justify it.

• fluffycat
    Bought a Laser (Mono) printer as typically the ink jet is printing plain or faint pages (must dry-up / clog between uses) again.

Laser seems clear and prominent. Think there's up to 500 pages included in the box, so value in the end. (1000 pages when get new cart in future)

Brightness