Detained in mental health hospital — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Detained in mental health hospital

cupcake88
cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
Hi every one I really could do with some supportive words from my friends on here Last night I was told to come into see the out of hours crisis team . They didn’t feel comfortable letting me go back home so I’m in a mental health hospital . In the past I have just been under home based treatment when I got really bad now I’m in a mental health hospital I’m petrified . My partner isn’t allowed to come see me because of covid I’m not allowed my charger in here but staff can charge my phone for me , they went threw my things when I arrived they took out my cross stitch , my head phones , my deodorant, my perfume , my chargers . I’m in this strange room can hear patients screaming . Honestly I’m petrified and I’m so upset that I have got this poorly . The health care workers were really good when I arrived I arrived at Here at 2 am But was at the crisis team base bout 1am . I can honestly say I’m petrified and it’s my birthday soon so could end up being here over my birthday . There saying I only have to stay a week or two so they can change my medication and make sure I’m ok but I’m just petrified. 
One of the patients just told me this place has made her worst . I’m supposed to stay in my room until my covid test comes back my rapid one Came back ok but there waiting for the main one to come back but if I’m honest I’ll be staying in my room I won’t be coming out my room This is my worst nightmare There’s some sort of alarm going off Now so Christ knows what’s that’s about . Considering It’s middle of the night there’s loads of patients walking around screaming. I’m dreading In the morning when every ones up This is like  seriously my worst night mare . 

Comments

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @cupcake88 sorry to hear your in the position your in and are in a hospital  I am still awake at the moment 
  • Lisatho11987777
    @cupcake88 stay strong and get your self well so thst you can go home try and sleep I know that's not easy  and try and stay calm ?
  • Lisatho11987777
    @cupcake88 other people will reply and support you  @woodbine and @chiarieds and @janer1967 will reply as soon as they see this take care get well soon ?
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    Thank you so much for your kind words . I’m really scared and struggling to relax in here even tho I’m medicated . 
  • Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    Hi @cupcake88, I hope you are not still awake but if you are, I wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you.
    The pain has woken me up again.
    I can imagine how scared you must be in a strange environment.
    Have you been told the exact reasons why you were kept in? I hope you can discuss that with them calmly when you've rested.
    I hope you can get some sleep.
    Wishing you all the best. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cupcake88 si sorry to hear you are in hospital and hope you are now sleeping 

Try not to be scared hospitals are not the best place for any peace with all different patient needs 

They will have taken those items for safe keeping and your own safety 

You are in the best place to get your medication right to get you on the road to recovery 

We are always here for you and thinking of you and wishing you the best 
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    @cupcake88 so sorry to hear this. I hope they sort out your medication soon. You are an amazingly strong woman and you will get through this. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Thinking of you @cupcake88. I can only imagine how scary it must be. 

I also hope that you're able to have a conversation with someone today about what the plan is. It might be no bad thing to have that level of support whilst you change your medication :) Are you able to contact your partner on your phone? I know that they're a great support to you.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,737 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cupcake88 sending hugs, tell the staff how you feel, so they can support you, hopefully get your meds sorted soon so you can get back home.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cupcake88 - sending my love & gentle hugs my dear friend. I can well imagine how strange & scary the hospital must seem. Try & find a calm place within yourself to get through this. As Cressida has said, & as we know, you are a strong person, so you can do this. Hopefully sorting out your medication is the way forward for you, so look ahead.
    I hope you find out more today, & soon feel that much better. We are all thinking of you & your partner, xx
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    @cupcake88 i'm sorry to hear about your setback and hope everything works out, please know that you are in all our thoughts.
    John x
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Stay strong @cupcake88 , thinking of you.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to hear this @cupcake88 .  I hope things are looking a little better for you now.
  • Lisatho11987777
    @cupcake88 hope things are a bit better for you today and hopefuly you will feel better now you have heard from your friends 

Take care ??
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    We all love you and think the world of you @cupcake88 sending all my love to you  <3
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Oxonlady
    Hi @lisathomas50, @Tori_Scope, @Woodbine, @janer1967 and others who were kind enough to reply to @cupcake88. I'm quite concerned about cupcake88, as I have heard nothing further. She was so scared and I'm assuming can no longer use her phone, since her charger was taken away. Feeling cut off is bound to produce more feelings of anxiety and fear.
    What are your thoughts on this, please? 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Oxonlady - I agree, being cut off from her partner, & her friends here, won't be helping her, She did say a nurse could charge her phone, so only hope that does happen.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    @Oxonlady she may also be low on credit on her phone?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Oxonlady
    That's true @leeCal. I hope staff at the hospital will be sympathetic and at least find a way for their patient to comminicate with the outside world.
    I'm afraid I don't have much faith in psychiatric hospitals.
    There are are some excellent psychiatric nurses but there are also some who don't have much compassion... 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    leeCal said:
    @Oxonlady she may also be low on credit on her phone?
    I know some of them allow a wifi connection if she has run out of data.  They can restrict access to some sites that way, hopefully Scope isn't one of them though!

Brightness