Detained in mental health hospital - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Detained in mental health hospital

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    She may also be sleeping as effect of the drugs 

She often does have a break from here as well if she is funding everything too much 

But thinking of her and hope she is ok 
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Community member Posts: 542 Pioneering
    @cupcake88, hello lovely. I joined a while ago, but have remained mostly in the background.
    I just want to send my warm wishes to you. You posted in the night, and I think that always feels like the scariest time, so I’m hoping after a sleep, you’re beginning to feel more ‘settled’.

Like they’ve said, once your meds are sorted, you’ll be home. My fingers are crossed that it won’t be too long a stay. Take care?
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Fingers crossed that all is going ok @cupcake88 x
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @Oxonlady I am sure your friend cupcake will be ok there could be many reasons why she hasn't been back on here 

Maybe her phone hasn't been charged or her treatment makes her drowsy or sometimes first couple of days they may not want her to contact anyone until they make sure that the treatment is working 

Try not to worry at least there are lovely messages to read when possible 
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    Hi every one sorry I haven’t replied I have to take my phone down to be charged and I don’t like leaving my room .  I saw the doctor yesterday they have put me on a new anti pychotic med so I’m going to be in here for at least 2 weeks because they want to see how I am on this new dose and then give me the injection . 

I’m so scared  they keep wanting me to go take part in activities but I’m not leaving my room . My partner has managed to book a garden visit for today so he can bring my dog . It’s my birthday at the weekend and I’m going to be here . The other patients constantly scream or make noises for some one like me who hates noises I’m petrified . 

The day staff have been amazing the night staff not so much.  The day stuff have been lovely with me . It’s so scary because some of the women have been here for years . My nurse was due to call me yesterday she will know I’m in here and she didn’t even call me to see if I’m ok . But I was told that’s because she knows I’m here so she be reading my notes. 

I’m missing my partner and my dog like mad they miss me but my partner is hopefully being in the hospital will be best for me because they are changing my meds where in the community they take ages to do any thing .  I just wanted to say please don’t worry I’m ok . I am scared but I’m just trying my best to be hopeful and hope that this new medication helps . Thanks so much for your concern all of you and for sending your love it means so much to me xxxxxxx
  • cupcake88
    I miss being able to log on here as well and speak to all my Friends I’m scared to leave my room to go to the nurses office to have them charge my phone xx 
  • cupcake88
    I’m also quite highly medicated so I’m sleeping a lot xxx
  • janer1967
    Lovely to hear from you x x it must be scary but stay strong and you will be out of there and back home 

You are in the best place for you right now and can gave a fresh start when you get home 

Hope the visit makes you feel less lonely 

Take care thinking of you 
  • cupcake88
    @janer1967 thanks so much for your kind words I feel so sick this morning from all the meds and lack of food I’m just not eating well as not hungry and I only eat from this one plate and bowl I have at home I don’t like using strange cups and plates so it’s really hard me being here I’m not able to relax xx 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Take care @cupcake88, thinking of you today, the time will soon pass and then you’ll be home again.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @cupcake88 get well soon nice to hear from you x
  • janer1967
    Hi again 

Would it be possible for your partner to bring in your plate and cup and things? 

Have you discussed this with the nurses as it is important you eat to keep yourself well and to digest all the meds 

Take care sending hugs x 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    it's so lovely to hear from you @cupcake88 - if the day staff are so good, perhaps you could ask one of them to charge your phone for you. I hope you enjoy your partner's visit; it's a sunny day here, so I hope you have the same.
    I know it's all so difficult for you, but do try to eat. The meds will help, but you need to keep your strength up too. Sending my love & thinking about you, xx
  • cupcake88
    Hi every one are you all ok ? Yes my phone has been charged abit . I’m so exhausted it’s a shame I can’t rest in my home . I’m starting to get used to it abit . I had a lovely visit earlier so that was nice I cried when he left . You can tell my partner is really missing me but he’s proud that I’m here where I need to be but he’s really missing me and I really miss him. I don’t like being here at all but if it works and it gets me better then that is really good . 

I just want to use my experience in here to help other people I’m trying to see it as a positive as much as I’m scared and really don’t like being here . 

You have to use there plates as it can’t be China it’s all plastic . My partner took me to Macdonalds earlier and I ate like 4 chips I’m just not hungry and I’m not sure if it’s stress of being here or the meds I’m so exhausted also . 

Today has been a better day as the ward has been quiet so far no screaming. 

x
  • cupcake88
    Today a nurse asked me if I worked or claimed Disability I said pip not sure if they contact them or if I have to do I only have to let them know if I’m in here for 28 days plus ? Or do I have to let them know any way if that’s the case I’ll have to ask my partner to call them . 
  • chiarieds
    edited March 2021
    Hi @cupcake88 - I'm pleased today has been a little better for you, & it must have been great to see your partner. Please try to eat a bit more; you're not supposed to be on a crash diet! Managing to eat will be a part of getting better. Good for you that you're trying to see the positive side of things, despite your difficult situation. It's good things have been quiet on the ward; I hope that continues, & you get some rest. Sending more gentle hugs, xx
  • chiarieds
    Don't worry @cupcake - you are right in thinking your PIP would only stop if you were in hospital for more than 28 days. Here's a link: https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Benefit-guides/Going-into-Hospital-and-benefits/Benefits-that-stop-being-paid-if-you-go-into-hospi#guide-content

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,627 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cupcake88
     Sorry youv landed in hospital, but I’m sure they’ll get your medication sorted and you’ll soon feel better and get home. 

Your a lovely person and well loved by all at Scope.
    Stay strong take care ❤️
  • janer1967
    You may be finding it difficult to eat as I thought you had been on the meal replacement diet si getting used to food again will take a while 

Glad you had a good visit and it's great you got to go to Maccy ds 
  • cupcake88
    @chiarieds hi thanks so much for the kind supportive words . I’m not on the diet any more but that’s prob why I’m struggling to eat because I was following a shake diet . I’m gonna try my best to eat some more As I’m on so much medication .

i wish I could heat up some soups I really fancy soup I might ask if my partner brings some cuppa soups in can  they make it for me see what they say , 

do I have to tell dwp I’m in hospital tho  or only if I’m here for 28 days ? I’m just trying to comply with every thing hopping I can go home and be discharged back into the community ASAP . Thanks so much for your kind words means so much xxxx

Brightness