When can I call to request the report? Or should I just wait for the decision? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

When can I call to request the report? Or should I just wait for the decision?

Gobbygirl66
Gobbygirl66 Community member Posts: 32 Connected
edited March 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi All had pip telephone assessment last Wednesday lasted 45 mins waited till today to request hp report was told I could not have it because it had not been put on system told I would have to wait couple of weeks,after 1hour received a text saying they had received it but it will be up 8 weeks for decision,can I now ring again for report or just wait for decision.

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    You can try again tomorrow, but even though you will get a copy it will still take  DM between 8-12 weeks, although a few have been quicker
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    As woodbine has said, you can ring asking for a copy of the assessor's report if it's on the DWP's system now. However, as mentioned, it can take up to 8-12 weeks to get a decision letter. The Decision Maker does usually go with the HCP's report, but you will have to await the decision letter to confirm any potential award. Please let us all know how you get on. thank you.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @Gobbygirl66, what a name you have. Yes request your assessment report and on receiving it you can work out what your award is or maybe. But you still have to wait for the award notification letter. If the reckoned award not what you expected you now have several weeks to gather extra information and evidence to support your MR if you feel you need to lodge one.Good luck .
  • Gobbygirl66
    Thanks for your comments Wilko asking for my assessment report how do I make sure they will give me it because yesterday he just waffled a lot of nonsense and said I can only have it when they send me a decision notice.
  • chiarieds
    Hi @Gobbygirl66 - don't be fobbed off - you can get your assessment report. I suggest ringing the DWP when they open, which seems to be the best time, so 9am. The chances are you'll get answered by someone completely different, & hopefully more helpful. This has happened to other members, but politely insist you get your report.
  • kes2611
    kes2611 Community member Posts: 124 Courageous
    It is ur rite to see copy of assesors report.When u ask for it they will say that the decision maker does not always go with report.In my case am hopeing it true! The report is only part of what the decision maker looks at.Good luck 
  • Gobbygirl66
    Thanks All I rung yesterday requesting report this time not a problem person I spoke with very helpful will receive it in 7-10 days,fingers crossed its good news.Thanks everyone 
  • chiarieds
    Pleased you got somebody that was helpful. Let us know how you get on, thank you.
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Hi @Gobbygirl66.

Good to hear that you received a helpful response from the person that you spoke to yesterday - and you've got an idea of when you will receive your report as well. That's positive news for you!

Hopefully, the time between now and then will go pretty quickly for you. Please do keep us updated on how you get on. 
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Gobbygirl66
    Certainly will Caz_Scope.
  • Gobbygirl66
    Well i am hoping mikehughescq that I will not need to challenge the report but that could just be pie in the sky knowing DWP.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.