Detained in mental health hospital - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Detained in mental health hospital

Comments

• cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    @Lou67 thank you so much Lou for those lovely words all these messages have brightened up my day 

@janer1967 yeh I think getting used to food will take some time plus I’m under so much stress being here I’m not hungry xx
  • cupcake88
    Some ones running up and down the corridor screaming now it’s so stressful being here . 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
     Hi @cupcake88 - No, you don't need to say you're in a hospital unless it's for more than 28 days. I can understand that you're being a very patient patient, as you just want to get home asap.
    Soup is always a very good idea when you're not up to eating as I've found before, but do try to eat in the meanwhile. Cuppa soups should be easy, perhaps ask the day staff as you say. Sending you oodles of love my friend, xx
  • cupcake88
    Thanks so much for the support from every one it means so much . I haven’t had any side effects yet on this new medication . The not eating I think is from stress but I’ll try some cuppa soups . 

I’m gonna try some toasts this morning I think see how I get on , x 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm glad you're doing okay @cupcake88, and that you're seeing this as a positive even if it's a difficult situation at times. That's really a testament to your character. I'm also glad that you haven't had any negative side-effects from your medication yet :) 

How often is your partner able to visit?

Definitely try and keep your strength up by trying to eat bits and pieces. Have you been able to ask about the soup? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cupcake88

I just wanted to send you all my bestest get well wishes and tell you I'm thinking about you.  I used to work in an acute psychiatric unit and understand how distressing the sounds can be :(  My advice would be to talk to your named nurse and explore what activities you could do while you're there to take your mind off it and help your mood.  For instance, you could possibly try colouring, journalling, listening to music or some crafts.  Is there an activity co-ordinator who visits the ward?  If there is, speak to them about what you enjoy so they could look at organising something nice for you.  

Take care and let us know how you are whenever you have time  <3
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • cupcake88
    Hi every one I thought I’ll give you a little update . Today I started to leave my room abit more . I did some recovery from pychosis work . I did a how to manage anxiety class also and I took part in making Easter things  . I also had some toast and some chips today and a bag of pop corn and keeping my fluids up , 

I’m doing well on this new medication so no side affects as of yet so I can go onto the injection form if I haha no side affects . My signal is really bad here so I’m so bored and I just feel really exhausted xx
  • cupcake88
    @Tori_Scope and @Chloe_Scope. thank you so much for your kind words really means a lot I’ll keep you all updated xx 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Great progress @cupcake88 keep it up I am so proud of you and what you are achieving 

Have a good night and rest 
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,620 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cupcake88.
    Glad you’ve been able to take part in some activities today. And eat a bit more.
    Well done your doing so well.
    Take care your in my thoughts and prayers ❤️
  • chiarieds
    That's good news @cupcake88 - so pleased you are not getting any side-effects, & it must feel better to get out of your room for structured help & an activity. That's great you've managed to eat a bit more.....keep up the good work. Thank you for the update, xx
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @cupcake88 your doing realy well glad your a bit better today take care x
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    @cupcake88 just to let you know I've been thinking about you like i'm sure you know many of us are, take care .
    John x
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Hi @cupcake88

We haven't spoken before but I wanted to call by and say hi :)

So glad to hear that you've had a better day! It sounds like you've made some great progress already. 

You look after yourself and try to make sure that you get the rest you need.

You know where we are whenever you fancy a chat :)
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • cupcake88
    Hi every one  thanks so much for your kind messages it’s just what I needed to see to put a smile on my face . I’m really struggling today . I’m supposed to be seeing the ward dr next week but they arranged for him to see me tomorrow as I need to know what the plan is they want to put me back on the injection form but they need to see how I react to this medication but they haven’t given any time limit and it’s making me so anxious I don’t want to be here I’m frightened again xx
  • cupcake88
    Thank you so much for all your kind messages they keep me going xx
  • cupcake88
    I’m not copping today x 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

At least by seeing him tomorr8w you will find out the plan and will give you something to aim towards 

See this as a positive step forward not backwards 

You will have good days and bad days but soon there will be more good than bad 

Sending you hugs x x 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2021
    Hi @cupcake88

I'm sorry today's been a difficult one for you.  You really are in the best hands (although I know there's no place like home) and the team will be doing everything they can to make sure you're on the right, safest treatment for you.  It's good that the doctor is seeing you tomorrow and I hope after that some of your worries will be alleviated  <3

Has your partner been able to visit or speak with you yet?  Also, is there anything you can do to take your mind off things?  If you can, try and do little activities that make you relaxed and happy.  And, don't be afraid to speak with the staff either if anything is troubling you - sometimes just 'getting things out' helps.

I hope you have a restful night and we're all here to support you whenever you need us.  Look after yourself.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • chiarieds
    Hi @cupcake88 - hopefully you'll find out tomorrow, & the good thing is you haven't had any side-effects with your medication, so there's nothing to contra-indicate having your meds by injection shortly, so you're getting there....it's all going in the right direction.
    Try your very best to try & relax; it's not long until tomorrow, when you may find you've been worrying over nothing. Sending gentle, positive hugs, xx

Brightness