Detained in mental health hospital - Page 5 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Detained in mental health hospital

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    @cupcake88 I really hope that everything gets sorted for you and that you are back home as soon as possible
    take care
    John x
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    Hi every one how are you all ? Thanks so much for all your support you have no idea how much it’s means to me . I’m still sad and not wanting to be here . I feel like the New medication hasn’t Caused me any side effects . It’s a really strong anti pychotic So there hopping it will work and will get me feeling better it’s been a week today since being in  hospital.

saw the ward manager yesterday she said the dr is off for Easter weekend so it be tue I’ll see the dr and there be a full plan put in place . Along with my community team they will be involved also in my plan . I have no idea when I’ll be out of hospital it’s scary . 

Xx
  • cupcake88
    @Cress hi cress how’s your son getting on any news when he will be discharged? Is the hospital good the one he’s at ?
  • cupcake88
    @leeCal @woodbine

there’s no activities on a weekend they don’t work weeks or bank holidays the Activity people . I really hope I’m home soon I’ll be able to update you All more On Tuesday . 
    Thanks so much for your support . 
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    cupcake88 said:
    @Cress hi cress how’s your son getting on any news when he will be discharged? Is the hospital good the one he’s at ?
    @cupcake88 I've just got back from a lovely visit with my son.
    We got a subway and sat in a nearby park in the lovely sunshine...the plan is to get him home sometime before the 13 April as that's when his section 2 is up...with lots of support at home. So glad to see him today as yesterday he had to hang up the phone as there was a loud commotion with one of the other patients shouting and banging...had to resist the urge to ring back to check he was ok..

I'm really glad to read you seem to be getting on ok with the new meds.
    Hopefully after seeing the doctor on Tuesday you'll be feeling more reassured about everything. I know not knowing exactly what happens when can be so worrying.
    Everyone here cares very much about you and will always be here for you.
    Wishing you nothing but the best and sending hugs.
    Take care, it was very kind of you to ask about my son, thank you so much.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,627 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Cress. So glad you had a nice visit with your son. 
    It won’t be long till he’s home take care.

@cupcake88 Hope the weekend goes quick for you.
    But just remember each day your there your getting better.
    Take care ?
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cupcake88 - I'm hoping you feel better in yourself despite your surroundings. Are you managing to eat a little more? I also hope you get to see your partner & little dog over the holiday weekend. You're doing marvellously bearing up & getting through this, & I'm very proud of you. My thoughts are with you, & sending my love. :)
  • cupcake88
    @Cress. Hi I’m glad you saw your son and you had a lovely time . It’s great to hear that he’s on the road to recovery . Does he already have a mental community health  nurse ? If he doesn’t they should find him a community nurse for when he’s discharged . I’m glad he’s comming home soon . 

There’s always doors banging and people being vocal . It is hard being here I just hope I come out and feel better . 

• cupcake88
    @Lou67 thanks so much I’m praying that next week goes quick I wanna know what the dr is going to say or suggest x
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Hi @cupcake88

We haven't met properly yet, so I just wanted to stop by and say hello :)

My name is Caz and I'm a new member of the Online Community team - it's lovely to 'meet' you. 

Just wanted to send my warmest wishes - and I hope that today is a bit of a brighter day for you. 

You take care, keep in touch with us all, and I look forward to chatting with you more :)
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • cupcake88
    @Caz_Scope
    hi caz nice to meet you . I’m still in hospital not having a good day again today x thanks for your best wishes means so much hope your well xx
  • cupcake88
    Hi Every one 

I’m not having a good day today sorry  for all the negativity because you all know I try to be positive , but this morning a patient screamed at me for apparently putting some thing in her basket then she screamed at some one else clearly I didn’t know what she was speaking bout  but she did shake my hand after wards so guessing she was saying sorry .

this morning there was a patient screaming at 3 am at random all these sounds and noises put me on edge but I have been promised by the nurses that on Tuesday I should have my meds in  injection form then see how I get on and I should be out with in a couple of weeks . 

I want to thank every one for there support xxxxxxxxxxx
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cupcake88 sorry you are having a bad morning and others are screaming I'm sure it isnt intended at you . They are no doubt quite poorly and cant control their outbursts 

I know it must be scary for you , are you allowed some headphones to listen to music 

You can get through this you are strong and you know your partner and dog are waiting for you at home 

Take care my friend x 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Have you thought about starting a diary or journal you could write down your thoughts and what you are doing each day so you can look back at it in the future to remind yourself how strong you are 
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    It's lovely to speak to you @cupcake88 :)

I just wanted to say thank you as well for keeping in touch with us all. It's so helpful for everyone on the community to be able to catch up with you and to know how you're getting on. 

You look after yourself. And, as @janer1967 says, keeping a journal is a really good idea. I know that I've done that in the past when I wasn't feeling at my best. Even if you don't start that just yet, it could be good to think about that as an idea for the future, definitely!

You take care and I hope you have a restful evening :)
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • cupcake88
    @janer1967 hi how are you Yes I have started writing a diary so I can help others . I’m really hopping that I can update every one in a few months saying I’m more stable and that I feel better . 

Yeh I’m not taking it personally as every one here is poorly .
    no ones been aggressive to any one just shouty and screaming either at others or to them selves . 

I really appreciate the support xx

• cupcake88
    @Caz_Scope. I’ll try my best  to update every one when I can xxx
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    It's great you're keeping in touch @cupcake - letting us know the highs, as well as a few dips down low. I'd be like you, the noise would be so difficult to deal with. I'm sure with your determination you will feel a lot better soon.
    I'm pleased you'll get your meds by injection very soon, & hope that's the way forward for you. We all miss you, & hope it's not long before you get back home & get some proper rest again. Sending hugs, xx
  • cupcake88
    @chiarieds hi hun how are you ? Yeh are so many lows at the moment but I’m really hopping for the light at the end of the tunnel . 
    The majority of the staff are really nice some more than others some always take time to chat to you and some dont . 

I hope I’ll be at home soon back to my self xxxx thanks for your support 
  • cupcake88
    The nurses , support staff work so hard here and there constantly getting screamed at but yet there always so calm and professional which is good xx

Brightness