Hi! Who has worked from home during sheilding and now has to return to the office? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi! Who has worked from home during sheilding and now has to return to the office?

Options
Dee2021
Dee2021 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited April 2021 in Work and employment
Hi everyone I'm just wondering who has worked from home during sheilding and now has to return to the office even though you can work fully from home. 
My GP gave me a note only for four weeks home working as suggested but I'm stuck and they are saying I've got to go into the office as I've been home long enough, they've worked since last year! Not helpful as I've worked to

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Dee2021

Welcome to the community, glad you've joined us! 

I'm sure there are many of our users who have experienced shielding and are currently in the process of transitioning back into the office, or are contemplating when that time may come.

Have you discussed your situation with your employer? You could broach the subject of flexible working, or permanent home working. They may be willing to make some adjustments for you.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,658 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My daughter has been working from home since a week before the first lockdown (not shielding they just closed the office) the last she heard was that there would be no change until September and even then they would be working 2 or 3 days at home and 2 or 3 days in the office. What I do know is that she is getting fed up, but the odd thing is she has been promoted once during lockdown and is about to be promoted again.
    Strange times we live in.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Dee2021
    Options
    Thank you for answering and great going promotion!
    I'm hoping others on sheilding may know or can help with answers, I'm worried about going into the office and being singled out 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,658 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I suppose the question is, is the office set up for you to work safely? If it is then it might be a good time to get back to something like normal.
    All shielding as I'm sure you know ended on April 1st.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Dee2021
    Options
    I will continue to wait for my union to contact me, as the government guidance is work from home if possible, which it's possible, so not reasonably acceptable to demand I work in the office yet 
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Hi @Dee2021

Just wanted to say hi and add my welcome to the community :)

That sounds like a good plan. No doubt your union will be in touch with you in due course. Hope you find something out pretty soon. Do drop by again to let us know how you get on.
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness