Hi! Just received my ESA award letter, they are saying I am entitled to £7.10 a week. Why? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi! Just received my ESA award letter, they are saying I am entitled to £7.10 a week. Why?

Options
2»

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I will only earn £112 a week 
    I didn’t think it would be an immediate problem. Just wanted to make sure you are aware of the rules in case you have an opportunity to increase hours etc. Note also that for ESA permitted work you are supposed to notify DWP before starting the work as described on the link I provided.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • son_hawley
    son_hawley Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    Options
    Thank you so much that’s so helpful.  I’ve filled in the form to send off tomorrow to let them know I intend to go to work.  It’s all happened at once.  The job fell in my lap and wasn’t planned. It I’m desperate to do something xx 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm glad you've been able to get some good advice here @son_hawley :) Just to let you know: I've edited your picture slightly to remove a couple of details, just to be on the safe side.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • son_hawley
    son_hawley Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    Options
    Lovely thanks so much xxxx 
  • Jofunnygirl
    Jofunnygirl Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Thanks so much for everyone who’s commented on this post as I’ve had the exact same letter and was confused, now I know what it means I can sort things out. Best wishes all :) 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks so much for everyone who’s commented on this post as I’ve had the exact same letter and was confused, now I know what it means I can sort things out. Best wishes all :) 
    Welcome to the community, I'm glad you found this discussion helpful :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.