My college have said I can't bring in my own laptop, and they can't give me one. What can I do? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My college have said I can't bring in my own laptop, and they can't give me one. What can I do?

kittydavies
kittydavies Community member Posts: 13 Listener
edited April 2021 in Education
Hi I go to a college for people with ASD I was diagnosed with a rare genetic condition called FHH about a year ago. It causes me wrist Pain when I write. I have asked the college if my lsw could write for me when my wrist hurts. The college said that was a covid risk. I have asked if I could bring in my own laptop. They said it equipment has to belong to the college. So I asked if the college could provide a laptop for me to type I said I could get a doctor's note to move it was a medical cause. They said they didn't have the resources so I said do I just have to put up with the pain. They said sorry there is nothing we can do. That was In September. Since then I have mentioned to every member of staff that my wrists hurt. I offered a doctor's note they just say they don't need one they can see it's genuine. It's this fair or do I have rights?
Tagged:

Comments

Brightness