I sent my PIP form back in March, but I still don't have an assessment date? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I sent my PIP form back in March, but I still don't have an assessment date?

Options
ali2021
ali2021 Community member Posts: 23 Listener
edited April 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi , I sent my pip forms back and recieved a txt 8th of March saying they have them. They have been passed to an assessor, but as of yet I still haven’t heard anything ? I don’t want to call as I can’t speak to people on the phone ?

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ali2021 - & welcome to the community. Unfortunately due to Covid-19, everything is taking longer. It's likely you will have a telephone assessment (you can have someone with you), & you will be contacted to say when, but you could still be waiting a few months, tho some people do have an assessment a bit earlier. :)
  • ali2021
    Options
    Thank you so much for the reply ! I thought that must be the case ?I will wait a few more weeks to hear anything, I have such bad anxiety and ocd and the waiting is making it worse ?I’m sure there’s a lot of people like me waiting and getting stressed ?
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Hi @ali2021

The waiting period can be testing and it's understandable it's making your anxiety levels a little worse.   I can definitely assure you, you aren't alone in feeling this way.  If possible, try to focus on the present, mindfulness is good(!), and know that when the appointment day comes you can have the support of someone else during the call - and you will get through it  <3

Just to check, do you feel that you're getting enough support with your anxiety and OCD?  And, is your GP up to date with how you're feeling?  If not, maybe consider giving them a call to talk things through. 

Good luck and please let us know how you get on.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • ali2021
    Options
    than thanks so much for your reply , it really feels like the worst part so far, I have currently having counselling for my GAD , depression and OVD so currently supported, my GP doesn’t know as of yet about my OCD diagnosis as it was only discussed last week, thank you ?
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    it it can take 8 to 12 weeks before you get an assessment date. Then out of the blue the date notification is received. Read as much information about the descriptors in relation to your pen circumstances so you are aware of possible questions that may be asked relating to your application form.
  • ali2021
    Options
    Thank you ! I’m dreading it so much ?I don’t even know how I will be able to talk on a call ?I’ve read that 3 people can be on call ? Is there anywhere you would recommend for info to read ? Thanks for commenting I really appreciate it 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ali2021 - 3 people are on the call when it's a telephone tribunal, so this doesn't happen with an assessment. You could have a look at the activities/descriptors that are looked at in an assessment here, & please read the notes at the end:
    If you haven't done so in your PIP claim form, try & give a couple of recent detailed explanations of the difficulties you face attempting/doing any activity that applies to you.
  • ali2021
    Options
    thank you I will have a read through , I’m hoping my form may be detailed enough as we added extra pages ?I had help filling out from citizens advice, but they will probably ask me lots more in depth stuff won’t they. Im so nervous, 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.