PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Why have I had a letter asking me if I've been in hospital and for my bank details?

SystemSystem Posts: 530

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: PIP Payment.

Replies

• 1965susanne1965susanne Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hello why have I had a letter asking me if I have been in hospital and my bank details for pip
  • calcotticalcotti Member Posts: 1,760 Pioneering
    Hello why have I had a letter asking me if I have been in hospital and my bank details for pip
    It would be helpful if you provided a bit more context but I’m guessing you have recently had a PIP decision which means you may be entitled to an arrears payment. DWP want to confirm your bank details so that any payment goes to the correct account and they need to know if you have been in hospital because stays in hospital may affect the amount owed.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • 1965susanne1965susanne Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thanks I was turned down for pip renewal so asked for a mandatory reconsideration not heard only letter asking if I have been in hospital and bank details they previously had

• calcotticalcotti Member Posts: 1,760 Pioneering
    It's possible that an MR decision has been made in your favour and DWP are sorting out payment but you will not know until a letter arrives or you ring to ask them.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Cher_ScopeCher_Scope Posts: 3,731

Scope community team

Hi @1965susanne

I hope the letter was an indicator of good news to come.  Please let us know how you get on and ask away with any further questions you might have :) 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
Sign in or join us to comment.