Hi, my name is Platter! I have a question about UC — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Platter! I have a question about UC

Platter
Platter Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited April 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hello All, 
I'm looking for some help in understanding a Universal credit situation please.  Me and my wife have been claiming UC from January 25th 2018 to present,  and from that date I have been providing a drs line without a break. I have just had an assessment for my health condition (16.04.2021), and have found out today that I have been told I am in the LCWAWRA, if thats right?.
I keep seeing things about "Back Pay", and I wonder if I may get any?. The assessment wasn't done for myself when we signed up to UC and was only picked up on late last year. As I said I have provided Sick lines from day one without a break.

Any help in understanding this would be greatly appreciated as I am very confused and anxious about it?.

Thank You.
Tagged:

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Platter and welcome to the community, I hope you are well this evening! 

I just wanted to say that it's great you've joioned us, hopefully we will be able to answer your query. I have moved your discussion over to our Universal Credit category.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Platter
    Thank you Ross.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

You should be paid the lcwra additional payment from the 4th assessment period after you reported your medical condition 

So roughly not knowing all your dates from July 2018 which will be a lot of backpay roughly 10k 

You may have to challenge this as they may say that you should have chased it up 

Watch out for a letter in your journal saying when award starts from 

• Platter
    I never knew that I had to have an assessment from day one, but expecting a fight no doubt. They like to get money back from you but never the other way round, even if you are due it.  Thanks. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.